What is Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily Cream?
Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily 1% w/w Cream is used to treat athlete’s foot.
The active substance in Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily 1% w/w Cream is bifonazole. Bifonazole belongs to a group of medicines called imidazoles and is an antifungal agent which fights the cause of fungal skin infections.
How to use Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily Cream
- Before use, pierce the tube seal by inverting the cap over the end of the tube and press.
- Before applying the cream, your feet should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes.
- The cream should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas once daily, preferably at night before going to bed, and rubbed in gently
- Treatment should be continued for 2-3 weeks.
The symptoms of athlete’s foot, such as itching or soreness, should improve within a few days of treatment although signs such as redness and scaling may take longer to disappear. If symptoms do not improve within 7 days, consult your doctor or pharmacist
You can help the treatment to work if you follow these simple self-help tips:
- Although the infected area will itch, try not to scratch. Scratching will damage the surface of the skin and cause the infection to spread further.
- Keep the affected skin areas clean.
- Pay particular attention to drying the skin, including between the toes, but avoid excessive rubbing.
- Do not share towels, bath mats, etc. with other people as you could spread the infection to them.
- Always wash your hands after treating the infection to prevent it from spreading.
- Wash your socks, stockings and tights thoroughly in hot water to remove any shed skin or fungal spores.
- Change your footwear daily if possible.
What does Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily cream contain?
The active substance is bifonazole at a strength of 1% w/w.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40 - Delivery within 2-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.89 - Delivery within 2-5 working days