What is Avoca Wart & Verruca 95% Silver Nitrate Treatment?
Avoca is used for removing warts including verrucas and excess tissue, for example tissue that forms during the healing process of wounds. Avoca works by destroying tissue on the surface layers of warts and verrucas.
How to use Avoca Wart & Verruca 95% Silver Nitrate Treatment
Avoca contains potassium nitrate
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is:
Apply once daily for 3 days for wart treatment. Apply once daily for 6 days for verruca treatment.
If your symptoms carry on or do not improve after this number of applications, you should talk to your doctor or pharmacist
You will need the following before you start:
- A small amount of clean water such as tap water. Do not use saline solution or water is known to contain salt or chlorides
- A clean non-absorbent surface such as an upturned drinking glass or steel cup
- A paper tissue
- Petroleum jelly
- A firm surface to work on such as a table. Spread the newspaper over the table. Do not use your medicine over bathroom or kitchen fittings or carpets. Most surfaces touched by silver nitrate dissolved in water will be stained black or grey.
- Newspaper or similar to protect the table from drops of water containing silver nitrate
How to apply this medicine:
- Put a single drop of clean water on a non-absorbent surface such as an upturned drinking glass or steel cup.
- Place the tip in the drop of water. Gently move the tip in the water for 20 seconds.
- The drop of water now contains Avoca and the tip is coated in water containing Avoca.
- Do not allow the water or tip to touch healthy skin, clothing, furniture or other surfaces.
- Protect healthy skin around the area to be treated with a thin layer of petroleum jelly.
- Use the tip to transfer the water to the surface of the area to be treated. Make sure the whole area to be treated is covered with the water. Do not rub the tip on the area or use pressure on the tip. If the tip breaks, make sure all pieces are recovered and disposed of in paper tissue.
- Allow the treated area to dry before contact with any other surface. The treated area will be stained black after a short period of time.
- Using a paper tissue, dry the tip of the pencil and the remains of the drop of water. Dispose of the paper tissue.
- Over time, any surface touched by the water or wet tip may be stained black. Stains on the skin will disappear after several days.
- After 24 hours, the black surface of the treated area should be filed away with a course nail buffer or fine emery board.
- The remaining wart/verruca should be treated again.
What does Avoca Wart & Verruca 95% Silver Nitrate Treatment contain
The active substance is silver nitrate
The other ingredient is potassium nitrate.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Customers also bought
3 x Hydrocortisone Ointment 15g, Bite, Sting and Itch ReliefEczema, Psoriasis & DermatitisIn stock
Canesten Thrush External Cream 2% w/w Cream Clotrimazole – 20gFungal InfectionsIn stock
Laxido Orange Powder Sugar Free - 30 SachetsConstipationIn stock
GoldenEye Antibiotic Ointment - 4gEye CareOut of stock
Contac Cold & Flu Dual Relief - 18 TabletsColds, Coughs & FluOut of stock
Top products in this category
Daktarin (Miconazole) 2% Cream - 15gFoot CareIn stock
Daktarin Gold (Ketoconazole) 2% Cream - 15gFoot CareIn stock
Amorolfine 5% Nail Lacquer 3mlFoot CareIn stock
Lamisil AT 1% Cream - 15gFoot CareIn stock
Curanail 5% Medicated Nail Laquer - 3mlFoot CareIn stock
Canespro Fungal Nail Treatment SetFoot CareIn stock
Daktarin Intensiv (Ketoconazole) Cream - 15gFoot CareIn stock
Bazuka Sub-Zero Freeze Verruca & Wart Removal Treatment – 50mlFoot CareIn stock
Bazuka Extra Strength Treatment Gel with Emery Board, 6gFoot CareIn stock
Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily 1% w/w Cream - 20gFoot CareIn stock
Compeed Callus Plasters - 6 Hydrocolloid PlastersFoot CareIn stock
Daktarin Aktiv Spray Powder for Athletes Foot - 100mlFoot CareIn stock
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.