What is Avoca Wart & Verruca 95% Silver Nitrate Treatment?
Avoca is used for removing warts including verrucas and excess
tissue, for example tissue that forms during the healing process
Avoca works by destroying tissue on the surface layers of warts
How to use Avoca Wart & Verruca 95% Silver Nitrate Treatment
Avoca contains potassium nitrate
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is:
Apply once daily for 3 days for wart treatment. Apply once daily for 6 days for verruca treatment.
If your symptoms carry on or do not improve after this number of applications, you should talk to your doctor or pharmacist
You will need the following before you start:
- A small amount of clean water such as tap water. Do not use saline solution or water is known to contain salt or chlorides
- A clean non-absorbent surface such as an upturned drinking glass or steel cup
- A paper tissue
- Petroleum jelly
- A firm surface to work on such as a table. Spread the newspaper over the table. Do not use your medicine over bathroom or kitchen fittings or carpets. Most surfaces touched by silver nitrate dissolved in water will be stained black or grey.
- Newspaper or similar to protect the table from drops of water containing silver nitrate
How to apply this medicine:
- Put a single drop of clean water on a non-absorbent surface such as an upturned drinking glass or steel cup.
- Place the tip in the drop of water. Gently move the tip in the water for 20 seconds.
- The drop of water now contains Avoca and the tip is coated in water containing Avoca.
- Do not allow the water or tip to touch healthy skin, clothing, furniture or other surfaces.
- Protect healthy skin around the area to be treated with a thin layer of petroleum jelly.
- Use the tip to transfer the water to the surface of the area to be treated. Make sure the whole area to be treated is covered with the water. Do not rub the tip on the area or use pressure on the tip. If the tip breaks, make sure all pieces are recovered and disposed of in paper tissue.
- Allow the treated area to dry before contact with any other surface. The treated area will be stained black after a short period of time.
- Using a paper tissue, dry the tip of the pencil and the remains of the drop of water. Dispose of the paper tissue.
- Over time, any surface touched by the water or wet tip may be stained black. Stains on the skin will disappear after several days.
- After 24 hours, the black surface of the treated area should be filed away with a course nail buffer or fine emery board.
- The remaining wart/verruca should be treated again.
What does Avoca Wart & Verruca 95% Silver Nitrate Treatment contain
The active substance is silver nitrate
The other ingredient is potassium nitrate.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 2-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.49 - Delivery within 2-5 working days