What is Daktarin (Miconazole) 2% Cream
Daktarin 2% Cream is a medicine which is used in the treatment of fungal and associated bacterial infections of the skin and nails. Skin infections may appear on the hands, feet, outer ear, trunk or groin and include athlete’s foot, dhobie itch and intertrigo.
Daktarin 2% Cream is also effective against infected nappy rash. The cream contains miconazole nitrate which works by destroying both the fungus that causes the infection and some of the associated bacteria which may also be present. It also has moisturising properties to help soothe cracked, red skin.
This medicine is for use in adults and children of all ages.
How to use Daktarin (Miconazole) 2% Cream
- Each tube of cream is sealed – use the cap to pierce the seal.
- For cutaneous use only, which means it is applied directly to the affected area of skin.
- Do not use more often than the stated dose shown below.
How to apply the cream
- Wash the infected area and dry it well. As many skin conditions are contagious, you should keep a towel and flannel for your own use and not share it so that you do not infect anyone else.
- Apply the cream onto the infected area and surrounding skin.
- Wash your hands carefully after applying the cream to avoid spreading the infection to other parts of the body or to other people. Similarly, clothing which comes into contact with the infected areas, such as socks, should be washed and changed frequently.
Adults and children of all ages:
- Skin infections: Apply to the infected skin twice a day.
- Nail infections: Apply to the infected area once or twice daily.
Continue treatment for 7 days (skin infections) or 10 days (nail infections) after all the symptoms have cleared to prevent them from coming back.
If symptoms persist talk to your doctor.
What does Daktarin (Miconazole) 2% Cream contain
The active ingredient in 1 g of Daktarin 2% Cream is: Miconazole nitrate 20 mg.
Other ingredients are PEG-6, PEG-32 and glycol stearate,
oleoyl macroglycerides, liquid paraffin, benzoic acid (E210),
butylated hydroxyanisole (E320), purified water.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 2-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.49 - Delivery within 2-5 working days