What is Dermol Wash
Dermol Wash is a moisturising, protective and antiseptic soap substitute for you to use whenever you wash. It has been developed for use instead of soaps (bars and liquids) and cleansers, both of which may irritate dry skin.
Dermol Wash can also be used as a leave-on treatment, re-applied after washing and drying.
It helps treat and prevent dry and itchy skin conditions. Common examples include:
- occupational hand dermatitis (due to frequent hand-washing, or repeated contact with water or chemicals such as cleaning or hair products)
- eczema and other types of dermatitis
- psoriasis (scaly, pink patches of skin)
- elderly pruritus (itchy skin due to ageing)
- ichthyosis (unusually scaly skin)
All age groups can use Dermol Wash, including babies.
The active ingredients in this product are isopropyl myristate and liquid paraffin (which are emollients), and benzalkonium chloride and chlorhexidine dihydrochloride (which are antimicrobials).
This soap substitute is specially designed to be non-foaming and is fragrance-free. When used as part of your normal washing routine, it helps to:
- cleanse, soften, moisturise and protect your skin by trapping in moisture and restoring the normal protective function of the skin
- prevent the skin-drying and irritant effects that can be caused by washing and by the soaps, foaming additives and fragrances used in ordinary cleansing products
- combat bacteria present on your skin that can make eczema worse
- prevent infection caused by scratching itchy skin
- prevent ‘flare-ups’ of your skin condition
This product can be used in addition to any other emollients or treatments your doctor, pharmacist or nurse may have given or prescribed for you to treat your dry skin condition.
How to use Dermol Wash
This product is only for application to the skin. Use this product as part of your normal washing routine, instead of your ordinary soap (bar or liquid) or cleanser. For maximum benefit, you should use it whenever you wash (including routine handwashing).
Before using this product, turn the top of the pump dispenser anti-clockwise to unlock it. After unlocking, you will need to press down the pump dispenser several times to prime the pump before any product is dispensed.
- Wash with this product in the same way as you would with any liquid soap.
- Use it with a gentle washing action. The product will not foam or lather as you wash.
- Rinse off (you should still be able to feel the product coating the skin).
- Pat the skin dry with a soft towel (avoid rubbing as this can make dry skin conditions worse). You can also use Dermol Wash as a leave-on treatment, by re-applying it after washing and drying.
- Gently smooth the product into the dry skin areas. If necessary, allow time for any excess to soak in. Do not rub the skin vigorously.
- If you are applying another product to the same areas of skin as Dermol Wash, try to avoid mixing the two products. You can do this by applying the treatments alternately, leaving enough time to allow the previous product to soak in.
- Dermol Wash can be used for intensive and frequent hand-washing (e.g. for healthcare professionals in a clinical setting).
- Using Dermol Wash, follow the hand-washing technique normally recommended.
- Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Apply Dermol Wash to hands as a leave-on skin conditioner.
If you forget to use Dermol Wash
Do not worry if you occasionally forget to use it, just carry on using the product as described the next time you wash.
If the product gets into the eyes
The product may cause irritation if it gets into the eyes. Rinse the eyes with plenty of water.
If rinsing one eye, take care to avoid washing the product into the other eye. If irritation persists, seek medical advice.
What does Dermol Wash contain
The active ingredients in this product are isopropyl myristate (2.5% w/w), liquid paraffin (2.5% w/w), benzalkonium chloride (0.1% w/w) and chlorhexidine dihydrochloride (0.1% w/w). The other ingredients are cetostearyl alcohol, macrogol cetostearyl ether (cetomacrogol 1000), phenoxyethanol and purified water.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Customers also bought
Top products in this category
Epimax Original Cream - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Dermol 500 Lotion - 500mlSkin CareIn stock
Dermol Cream - 500gSkin CareIn stock
AproDerm Colloidal Oat Cream - 500mlSkin CareIn stock
E45 Emollient Wash Cream - 250mlSkin CareIn stock
Acnecide 5% Gel Benzoyl Peroxide - 30gSkin CareIn stock
Cetraben Emollient Cream Pump – 1050gSkin CareIn stock
Epimax Isomol Gel - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Epimax Ointment - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Cetraben Emollient Cream - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Epimax Oatmeal Cream - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Aveeno Daily Moisturising Body Cleansing Oil - 300mlSkin CareIn stock
More products from this brand
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.