What is Vagisan Moist Cream?
Vagisan Moist Cream is a smooth, white cream developed for use in symptoms of vaginal dryness. Vagisan Moist Cream contains no hormones (oestrogens) and can therefore be used alongside hormone replacement therapy or alternating with vaginal creams or pessaries that do contain hormones (oestrogen). Thanks to the addition of lactic acid, the cream is set at a pH of 4.5. As a result, Vagisan Moist Cream helps maintain a natural pH within the vagina. Two effects contribute towards the relief of symptoms of vaginal dryness by Vagisan Moist Cream:
- The cream has a high water content, thereby moisturising the skin within the vagina and external genital area.
- Nurturing lipids (fats) help to keep the skin supple.
Regular use of Vagisan Moist Cream may help prevent irritation and inflammation within the vagina and external genital area. The cream can also be used for vaginal dryness before sexual intercourse. In women wishing to conceive, there are no contraindications to using Vagisan Moist Cream for vaginal dryness, as sperm motility is not impaired.
When to use Vagisan Moist Cream?
For symptoms caused by dryness of the vagina and external genital area (dryness, stinging, itching, minor lesions and pain during intercourse, e.g. during the menopause due to an oestrogen deficiency). Vagisan Moist Cream can also be used to facilitate sexual intercourse.
What you should know about the symptoms of "vaginal dryness"
The symptoms of vaginal dryness can severely affect the quality of life of those women affected. The sensation of dryness is often accompanied by other discomforts, such as itching, stinging, minor lesions and soreness involving the vagina, vaginal opening and external genital area. In many cases, these symptoms also make sexual intercourse painful.
Commonly affected are women in menopause (which, in some cases, starts as early as at 40 years of age) and during the years thereafter. In such cases, vaginal dryness is caused by the decreasing production of sex hormones (including oestrogen). Less vaginal fluid is produced within the vagina; the skin becomes thinner and more fragile. Whilst this process is quite normal, it can bring considerable discomfort.
After womb or ovarian surgery, during pregnancy and breastfeeding or while taking the Pill, hormone deficiency/fluctuations or hormonal imbalance can also lead to symptoms of vaginal dryness.
Some metabolic disorders (e.g. diabetes), medications, radiation treatment for cancer and even stress can also be associated with dryness in the internal and external genital area.
How to use Vagisan Moist Cream
Vagisan Moist Cream is intended for application in the vagina and to the external genital area. For the treatment of vaginal symptoms, Vagisan Moist Cream is inserted into the vagina. The cream can be applied with the applicator provided or without an applicator. If you use the applicator, fill it halfway (about 2.5g cream). To make it easier to insert the applicator, a small amount of cream can also be applied to the area around the vaginal entrance. If you prefer not to use the applicator, a ribbon of cream about 2cm long can be inserted into the vagina using a clean finger. The cream should be applied daily, preferably in the evening before bedtime (if necessary, wear a panty liner). Once symptoms have improved, you can reduce how often you use the cream, depending on your needs. For symptoms in the vaginal opening and external genital area, use a clean finger to apply and spread the cream up to several times a day as needed; a ribbon of cream about 0.5cm long is sufficient.
The cream can also be used before sexual intercourse or during menstrual periods. If Vagisan Moist Cream is well tolerated, it may also be used over prolonged periods, even during pregnancy (without the applicator; see Instructions for use during pregnancy) and breast-feeding.
- Loosen the plunger, so that it can be moved inside the applicator barrel
- With the tube opening facing upwards, attach applicator onto tube opening
- Fill the applicator barrel halfway with cream (about 2.5 g cream), by gently and evenly squeezing the tube
- Remove the applicator from the tube
- You can insert the applicator into the vagina whilst lying down (on your back) or standing up (like when inserting a tampon). Carefully insert the applicator as deeply as possible into the vagina; push the plunger to empty the applicator and insert the cream into the vagina (see diagram).
- After use, clean the applicator as follows: firmly press the spherical end of the plunger onto a firm surface. This will separate the plunger from the applicator barrel. Then clean the plunger and barrel separately in warm water.
What does Vagisan Moist Cream contain?
Aqua, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Lactic Acid, Octyldodecanol, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Stearate. Vagisan Moist Cream contains no fragrances.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Customers also bought
Top products in this category
A.Vogel Menoforce Sage - 30 TabletsMenopauseIn stock
Replens - Longer Lasting Vaginal Moisturiser - Symptomatic relief from Vaginal Atrophy & Dryness - Pack of 6MenopauseIn stock
YES VM - Natural Vaginal Moisturiser - 100mlMenopauseIn stock
Balance Activ BV Gel Hygienic 7 5ml Single-Use ApplicatorsMenopauseIn stock
Balance Activ BV - 7 PessariesMenopauseIn stock
YES VM - Natural Vaginal Moisturiser - 6 ApplicatorsMenopauseIn stock
Replens Longer Lasting Vaginal Moisturiser - Symptomatic Relief from Vaginal Atrophy & Dryness - 35 g Tube with ApplicatorMenopauseOut of stock
Gina Vaginal Tablets - Pack of 24MenopauseOut of stock
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.