What is Acnecide Gel?
- Acnecide contains the active ingredient benzoyl peroxide which attacks the bacteria (germs) known as Propionibacterium acnes, one of the leading causes of acne.
- Your doctor or pharmacist has recommended this medicine to treat your acne. Acne appears as blackheads and whiteheads, which people often refer to as pimples or spots.
- Acne of the face, chest or back may be treated with this medicine.
How to apply Acnecide Gel
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Acnecide is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
- Unless your doctor or pharmacist has told you otherwise,
- Wash the affected area with a mild skin cleanser and water, and gently pat your skin dry.
- Apply the gel in a thin layer once or twice a day to all the affected areas.
- If you have sensitive skin apply the gel once daily before going to bed
- Any drying or peeling which may occur to your skin may be reduced if you alter the number of times you apply, i.e. to once a day or once every two days until your skin adjusts to the product.
- You should try to avoid exposure to strong sunlight while using Acnecide. If exposure is unavoidable, use a suitable sunscreen lotion and apply Acnecide in the evening. Remember to wash the affected area before use.
- How long you will have to use Acnecide will depend on how quickly your condition improves. After you have used it for one month, you should see your doctor or pharmacist again. He or she can then check the improvement of your condition.
- This medication should be discontinued if it causes; Swelling and blistering of the skin, sensitivity to sunlight and sunlamps
- This product should not be applied to damaged or sensitive skin.
What is in this medicine
The active substance is hydrous benzoyl peroxide equivalent to benzoyl peroxide 5% w/w in an aqueous, non-alcoholic gel base.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Top products in this category
Epimax Original Cream - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Dermol Cream - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Epimax Oatmeal Cream - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Cetraben Emollient Cream - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Epimax Ointment - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Cetraben Emollient Cream Pump – 1050gSkin CareIn stock
Epimax Isomol Gel - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Lanacane Anti-Chafing Gel - 28gSkin CareIn stock
Epimax ExCetra Cream - 500gSkin CareIn stock
QV Gentle Wash - 500gSkin CareIn stock
AproDerm Colloidal Oat Cream - 500mlSkin CareIn stock
Cetraben Ointment – 450gSkin CareIn stock
More products from this brand
Acnecide Face Wash 5% Gel Benzoyl Peroxide - 100gSkin CareOut of stock
Acnecide Daily Cleanser - 235mlSkin CareOut of stock
Acnecide 5% Gel Benzoyl Peroxide - 60gSkin CareOut of stock
Acnecide Face Gel Spot Treatment Benzoyl Peroxide - 15gSkin CareIn stock
Acnecide Daily Moisturiser SPF30 - 50mlSkin CareOut of stock
Acnecide Face Wash 5% Gel Benzoyl Peroxide - 50gSkin CareIn stock
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.