- Out of stock
- SKU: 6498067 x 3
- EAN: 5060842041291
What is Hydrocortisone Cream?
Hydrocortisone creams, ointments and lotions contain a type of medicine known as a corticosteroid or 'steroid'. Corticosteroids are not the same as anabolic steroids.
Hydrocortisone creams are used on the skin to treat swelling, itching and irritation. They can help with skin problems such as:
- Contact dermatitis
- Prickly heat rash
- Nappy rash
- Insect bites and stings
Who is this cream suitable for
Most adults and children can use hydrocortisone skin creams.
However, don't use hydrocortisone skin products on children under ten years old unless their doctor recommends it.
Hydrocortisone skin cream isn't suitable for some people.
Tell your pharmacist or doctor before starting the medicine if you:
- have had an allergic reaction to hydrocortisone or any other medicine in the past
- have a skin infection (including eye infections)
- are trying to get pregnant, are already pregnant, or you're breastfeeding
Cream, ointment or lotion?
There are different types of hydrocortisone skin products. Creams are the most common, but there are also hydrocortisone ointments and lotions.
As a general rule:
- Hydrocortisone cream is better for skin which is moist and weepy with clear or yellow fluid.
- Hydrocortisone ointment is thicker and greasier - it's better for dry or flaky areas of skin.
- Hydrocortisone lotion is a liquid - it's useful for treating the scalp and large or hairy areas of skin.
How to apply Hydrocortisone Cream
- Spread the cream in a thin layer over the area of irritated skin.
- Carefully smooth it into your skin in the direction the hair grows until it disappears.
- Be careful not to get the cream into broken skin or cuts.
- Wash your hands afterwards (unless it's your hands that you're treating).
- Use the cream on all the irritated skin, not just the worst areas.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability
Standard UK Delivery - £2.89 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability