What is Dermol Cream
Dermol Cream is an antimicrobial and emollient (softening and moisturising) treatment for application to dry or problem skin.
It is for use in two ways:
- as a leave-on application
- as a soap substitute.
It helps treat and prevent dry and itchy (pruritic) skin conditions, especially eczema and dermatitis.
All age groups can use Dermol Cream, including babies.
There are two types of active ingredients in this product:
Benzalkonium chloride and chlorhexidine dihydrochloride are antimicrobials that help to:
- combat bacteria present on your skin that can make eczema worse
- prevent infection caused by scratching itchy skin.
Liquid paraffin and isopropyl myristate are emollients that help to:
- soften, moisturise and protect your skin by trapping moisture in the skin and restoring the normal protective function of the skin
- prevent the skin-drying and irritant effects that can be caused by washing and bathing and by the soaps, foaming additives and fragrances used in ordinary skin cleansing products.
This product can be used in addition to any other emollients or treatments your doctor or pharmacist may have given or prescribed for you to treat your dry skin condition.
How to use Dermol Cream
Use it only on the skin. For maximum benefit, you should use it on a regular basis and as often as required.
Before using the cream, turn the top of the pump dispenser anti-clockwise to unlock it. After unlocking, you will need to press down the pump dispenser several times to prime the pump before any product is dispensed.
The same instructions apply for all age groups:
For use as a leave-on application:
- Apply Dermol Cream to the affected areas.
- Gently smooth into the skin.
- If necessary, allow time for any excess to soak in. Do not rub the skin vigorously.
- Reapply as often as required.
- If you are applying another treatment to the same areas of skin as Dermol Cream, try to avoid mixing the two products. This can be achieved by applying the treatments alternately, leaving sufficient time to allow the previous application to soak in.
For use as a soap substitute
- Use Dermol Cream to wash with instead of your ordinary soap or shower gel. It will not foam or lather like ordinary cosmetic products.
- After washing, bathing or showering, pat the skin dry with a soft towel (avoid rubbing as this can make dry skin conditions worse).
If you forget to use Dermol Cream
Do not worry if you occasionally forget to use it, just carry on using the product as described the next time you require it.
If the product gets into the eyes
The product may cause irritation if it gets into the eyes. Rinse the eyes with plenty of water. If rinsing one eye, take care to avoid washing the product into the other eye. If irritation persists, seek medical advice.
What does Dermol Cream contain
The active ingredients in this product are benzalkonium chloride (0.1% w/w), chlorhexidine dihydrochloride (0.1% w/w), liquid paraffin (10% w/w) and isopropyl myristate (10% w/w).
The other ingredients are cetostearyl alcohol, glycerol, macrogol cetostearyl ether (cetomacrogol 1000), phenoxyethanol, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate and purified water.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Top products in this category
Epimax Original Cream - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Epimax Oatmeal Cream - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Cetraben Emollient Cream - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Epimax Ointment - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Lanacane Anti-Chafing Gel - 28gSkin CareIn stock
Epimax Isomol Gel - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Cetraben Emollient Cream Pump – 1050gSkin CareIn stock
QV Gentle Wash - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Cetraben Ointment – 450gSkin CareIn stock
AproDerm Colloidal Oat Cream - 500mlSkin CareIn stock
Epimax ExCetra Cream - 500gSkin CareIn stock
Dermol Cream - 100gSkin CareIn stock
More products from this brand
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.