What is Acnecide Gel?
- Acnecide contains the active ingredient benzoyl peroxide which attacks the bacteria (germs) known as Propionibacterium acnes, one of the leading causes of acne.
- Your doctor or pharmacist has recommended this medicine to treat your acne. Acne appears as blackheads and whiteheads, which people often refer to as pimples or spots.
- Acne of the face, chest or back may be treated with this medicine.
How to apply Acnecide Gel
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Acnecide is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
- Unless your doctor or pharmacist has told you otherwise,
- Wash the affected area with a mild skin cleanser and water, and gently pat your skin dry.
- Apply the gel in a thin layer once or twice a day to all the affected areas.
- If you have sensitive skin apply the gel once daily before going to bed
- Any drying or peeling which may occur to your skin may be reduced if you alter the number of times you apply, i.e. to once a day or once every two days until your skin adjusts to the product.
- You should try to avoid exposure to strong sunlight while using Acnecide. If exposure is unavoidable, use a suitable sunscreen lotion and apply Acnecide in the evening. Remember to wash the affected area before use.
- How long you will have to use Acnecide will depend on how quickly your condition improves. After you have used it for one month, you should see your doctor or pharmacist again. He or she can then check the improvement of your condition.
What is in this medicine
The active substance is hydrous benzoyl peroxide equivalent to benzoyl peroxide 5% w/w in an aqueous, non-alcoholic gel base.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 2-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.49 - Delivery within 2-5 working days