What are Nexium Control For Heartburn And Acid Reflux 20mg Tablets?
Nexium Control contains the active substance esomeprazole. It belongs to a group of medicines called ‘proton pump inhibitors’. They work by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces.
This medicine is used in adults for the short term treatment of reflux symptoms (for example, heartburn and acid regurgitation).
Reflux is the backflow of acid from the stomach into the gullet ("foodpipe") which may become inflamed and painful. This may cause you symptoms such as a painful sensation in the chest rising up to your throat (heartburn) and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation).
Nexium Control is not meant to bring immediate relief. You may need to take the tablets for 2-3 days in a row before you feel better. You must talk to a doctor if you do not feel better or if you feel worse after 14 days.
What are the symptoms of heartburn?
The normal symptoms of reflux are a painful sensation in the chest rising up to your throat (heartburn) and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation).
Why do you get these symptoms?
Heartburn can be a result of eating too much, eating high fat food, eating too quickly and drinking lots of alcohol. You may also notice that when you lie down, your heartburn gets worse. If you are overweight or smoke you increase the probability of suffering from heartburn.
What can I do to help relieve my symptoms?
- Eat healthier food and try to avoid spicy and fatty foods and large meals late before bedtime.
- Avoid fizzy drinks, coffee, chocolate and alcohol.
- Eat slowly and eat smaller portions.
- Try to lose weight.
- Stop smoking.
How to use Nexium Control For Heartburn And Acid Reflux 20mg Tablets
- The recommended dose is one tablet a day.
- Do not take more than this recommended dose of one tablet (20 mg) a day, even if you don’t feel an improvement immediately.
- You may need to take the tablets for 2 or 3 days in a row before your reflux symptoms (for example, heartburn and acid regurgitation) get better.
- The treatment length is up to 14 days.
- When your reflux symptoms have completely gone you should stop taking this medicine.
- If your reflux symptoms get worse or do not improve after taking this medicine for 14 days in a row, you should consult a doctor
Taking Nexium Control For Heartburn And Acid Reflux 20mg Tablets
- You can take your tablet at any time of the day either with food or on an empty stomach.
- Swallow your tablet whole with half a glass of water. Do not chew, crush or open the tablet. This is because the tablet contains coated pellets, which stop the medicine from being broken down by the acid in your stomach. It is important not to damage the pellets.
What do Nexium Control Tablets contain?
The active substance is esomeprazole. Each gastro-resistant tablet contains 20 mg esomeprazole (as magnesium trihydrate).
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40 - Delivery within 2-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.89 - Delivery within 2-5 working days