- Out of stock
- SKU: 7013063 x 3
- EAN: 5017007015291
What is Clotrimazole Cream 1% Fungal Treatment?
The active substance is clotrimazole. Clotrimazole belongs to a group of medicines called imidazoles and is an antifungal agent which fights the cause of fungal skin infections.
Clotrimazole is used to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athlete’s foot, fungal nappy rash and fungal sweat rash. It is also used to relieve irritation of the vulva (external thrush) or the end of the penis, which may be associated with thrush.
When Clotrimazole is applied to the infected area of skin, it works by destroying the fungus or yeast which has caused the infection.
How to use Clotrimazole Cream 1% Fungal Treatment
- Before use, pierce the tube seal by inverting the cap over the end of the tube and press.
- If the feet are infected, they should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes, before applying the cream.
- Clotrimazole should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas, two or three times daily and rubbed in gently.
- A strip of cream (½ cm long) is enough to treat an area of about the size of the hand.
- The duration of the treatment depends upon the type of infection. Use the cream for at least two weeks for candida (thrush) infections or at least one month for other infections.
- If you have athlete’s foot, it may help to use an antifungal dusting powder as well. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend one.
The symptoms of skin infection such as itching or soreness should improve within a few days of treatment, although signs such as redness and scaling may take longer to disappear. If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
What does Clotrimazole Cream 1% Fungal Treatment contain
The active substance is clotrimazole. Each gram of cream contains 10 mg of clotrimazole (i.e. 1% w/w).
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability
Standard UK Delivery - £2.89 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability