What is Clotrimazole Cream 1% Fungal Treatment?
The active substance is clotrimazole. Clotrimazole belongs to a group of medicines called imidazoles and is an antifungal agent which fights the cause of fungal skin infections.
Clotrimazole is used to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athlete’s foot, fungal nappy rash and fungal sweat rash. It is also used to relieve irritation of the vulva (external thrush) or the end of the penis, which may be associated with thrush.
When Clotrimazole is applied to the infected area of skin, it works by destroying the fungus or yeast which has caused the infection.
How to use Clotrimazole Cream 1% Fungal Treatment
- Before use, pierce the tube seal by inverting the cap over the end of the tube and press.
- If the feet are infected, they should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes, before applying the cream.
- Clotrimazole should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas, two or three times daily and rubbed in gently.
- A strip of cream (½ cm long) is enough to treat an area of about the size of the hand.
- The duration of the treatment depends upon the type of infection. Use the cream for at least two weeks for candida (thrush) infections or at least one month for other infections.
- If you have athlete’s foot, it may help to use an antifungal dusting powder as well. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend one.
The symptoms of skin infection such as itching or soreness should improve within a few days of treatment, although signs such as redness and scaling may take longer to disappear. If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
What does Clotrimazole Cream 1% Fungal Treatment contain
The active substance is clotrimazole. Each gram of cream contains 10 mg of clotrimazole (i.e. 1% w/w).
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Top products in this category
Lamisil AT 1% Spray - 15mlFoot CareIn stock
Amorolfine 5% Nail Lacquer 3mlFoot CareIn stock
Curanail 5% Medicated Nail Laquer - 3mlFoot CareIn stock
Lamisil AT 1% Cream - 15gFoot CareIn stock
Daktarin Intensiv (Ketoconazole) Cream - 15gFoot CareIn stock
Canesten Athletes Foot Cream - 30g - Pack of 2Fungal InfectionsIn stock
Canestest Self-Test for Vaginal InfectionsFungal InfectionsIn stock
Mycota Athletes Foot Cream - 25gFungal InfectionsIn stock
Canesten Athletes Foot Cream - 30gFungal InfectionsIn stock
Daktarin Aktiv Spray Powder for Athletes Foot - 100mlFoot CareIn stock
Canesten Canesbalance Bacterial Vaginosis Gel 7 ApplicatorsFungal InfectionsIn stock
Canesten Thrush Combi Pessary & External CreamFungal InfectionsIn stock
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.