What are Hypromellose Eye Drops 0.3%
Hypromellose is an artificial tear used to relieve dry eye conditions (e.g. conditions associated with the use of VDUs and TVs, infrequent blinking, certain medical treatments, atmospheric pollution and drying atmospheres e.g. air-conditioning, central heating, wind and sun). It is also used to moisten hard contact lenses and lubricate artificial eyes.
How to use Hypromellose Eye Drops 0.3%
Always use Hypromellose Eye Drops exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is one or two drops three times daily as needed or directed by your doctor. If you are using it in combination with another eye drop medicine, wait 5-15 minutes before applying the second eye drops.
Instructions for use
- Before opening a new bottle of Hypromellose Eye Drops, please check that the safety strip on the bottom of the outer cap is unbroken.
- Twist the outer cap to break the seal.
- Wash your hands well before use.
- Remove the outer cap. If you are putting in the drops yourself, you should use a mirror.
- Tilt your head back and look up at the ceiling.
- Pull the lower lid of the eye out to form a small pocket between your eyelid and your eye.
- Hold the bottle between the thumb and middle finger of the other hand, turn the bottle upside down near to the eye, try not to touch the eye with the nozzle.
- Apply enough pressure to the container to release one to two drops, as directed by your doctor.
- Blink your eye a few times.
- If you think that you have missed the eye, then insert another drop.
- Repeat steps 5-10 for the other eye if you have been told to use Hypromellose Eye Drops in both eyes.
- Replace the outer cap on the container, trying not to touch the applicator tip with anything, including the eye or your fingers.
- Wash your hands
If you are unsure about how to use Hypromellose Eye Drops talk to your doctor or pharmacist. Eye solutions, if handled wrongly, can become contaminated by common bacteria and cause eye infections. If you do develop any other eye condition whilst using this product, see your doctor immediately.
How much to use
The usual dose is 1 or 2 drops placed in each eye three times daily, however, this may vary depending on the amount of lubrication needed.
If there is no improvement see your doctor or pharmacist.
Hypromellose Eye Drops are for external use only.
If you use more Hypromellose Eye Drops then you should
It can be washed out of your eye with warm water. It will not cause you any harm. If you are worried then talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you forget to take Hypromellose Eye Drops
Apply the drops as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you stop using Hypromellose Eye Drops
You should speak to your doctor or pharmacist if you want to stop taking Hypromellose.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
What do Hypromellose Eye Drops 0.3% contain?
The active substance is hypromellose 0.3%w/v
The other ingredients are purified water, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, borax, boric acid, benzalkonium chloride solution. It may also contain sodium hydroxide or hydrochloric acid.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40 - Delivery within 2-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.89 - Delivery within 2-5 working days