- Out of stock
- Brand: Kwells
- SKU: 0151001
- EAN: 5010605242144
What are Kwells Travel Sickness Tablets?
Kwells 300 microgram tablets are used for the fast and effective prevention and control of travel sickness. Travel sickness happens when the brain receives mixed messages. Visual messages from the eyes info form the brain that the immediate surroundings are stationary, but a delicate balancing organ in the ear tells the brain that you are moving. This conflicting information triggers nausea we associate with travel sickness.
The active substance in Kwells tablets is hyoscine hydrobromide. Hyoscine hydrobromide temporarily reduces the effect of movement on the balance organs of the inner ear and the nerves responsible for nausea.
Because Kwells tablets melt in the mouth, absorption into the bloodstream is very rapid and they can be taken up to 20–30 minutes before re travelling or at the onset of sickness.
How to help avoid travel sickness
- Sit with the head tilted back to stabilise the balancing mechanism in the ear.
- Ensure the vehicle you are in is well ventilated.
- Try to have a clear view of the window.
- Have a bite to eat before the journey to help keep the stomach settled, but avoid greasy food.
- If you travel by car, take regular breaks for exercise, fresh air and refreshments.
- In an aeroplane, you can ease the pressure on your ears by sucking a boiled sweet during take off and landing.
- Avoid strong smelling food, smoke, perfume, or petrol fumes.
How to take Kwells Travel Sickness Tablets
The tablets can be sucked, chewed or swallowed. They have a scoreline so they can be halved if necessary. The tablets can be taken up to 30 minutes before travelling to prevent travel sickness or at the onset of nausea.
- Adults: Take one tablet every 6 hours, as required. Do not take this medicine more than 3 times in 24 hours.
- Children over 10 years: Give your child half or one tablet every 6 hours, as required. Do not give your child this medicine more than 3 times in 24 hours.
What do Kwells Travel Sickness Tablets contain
The active substance is hyoscine hydrobromide at a strength of 300 micrograms.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability
Standard UK Delivery - £2.89 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability