What are Kwells Travel Sickness Tablets?
Kwells 300 microgram tablets are used for the fast and effective prevention and control of travel sickness. Travel sickness happens when the brain receives mixed messages. Visual messages from the eyes info form the brain that the immediate surroundings are stationary, but a delicate balancing organ in the ear tells the brain that you are moving. This conflicting information triggers nausea we associate with travel sickness.
The active substance in Kwells tablets is hyoscine hydrobromide. Hyoscine hydrobromide temporarily reduces the effect of movement on the balance organs of the inner ear and the nerves responsible for nausea.
Because Kwells tablets melt in the mouth, absorption into the bloodstream is very rapid and they can be taken up to 20–30 minutes before re travelling or at the onset of sickness.
How to help avoid travel sickness
- Sit with the head tilted back to stabilise the balancing mechanism in the ear.
- Ensure the vehicle you are in is well ventilated.
- Try to have a clear view of the window.
- Have a bite to eat before the journey to help keep the stomach settled, but avoid greasy food.
- If you travel by car, take regular breaks for exercise, fresh air and refreshments.
- In an aeroplane, you can ease the pressure on your ears by sucking a boiled sweet during take off and landing.
- Avoid strong smelling food, smoke, perfume, or petrol fumes.
How to take Kwells Travel Sickness Tablets
The tablets can be sucked, chewed or swallowed. They have a scoreline so they can be halved if necessary. The tablets can be taken up to 30 minutes before travelling to prevent travel sickness or at the onset of nausea.
- Adults: Take one tablet every 6 hours, as required. Do not take this medicine more than 3 times in 24 hours.
- Children over 10 years: Give your child half or one tablet every 6 hours, as required. Do not give your child this medicine more than 3 times in 24 hours.
What do Kwells Travel Sickness Tablets contain
The active substance is hyoscine hydrobromide at a strength of 300 micrograms.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Top products in this category
Imodium (Loperamide Hydrochloride) IBS Relief 2mg – 6 Soft CapsulesIBSIn stock
Sea-Band Original Drug Free Nausea Relief WristbandHolidays & TravelIn stock
Imodium Instant Melts - 12 TabletsIBSIn stock
Imodium Classic (2mg) - 12 CapsulesIBSIn stock
Imodium Classic (2mg) - 6 CapsulesIBSIn stock
Imodium Plus Comfort Multi-Symptom Relief – 6 TabletsDiarrhoeaIn stock
After Bite Classic - Insect Bite Relief Handy Pen - 14mlHolidays & TravelIn stock
Freederm Fast Track Gel with Niacinamide - 25gSkin CareIn stock
Sea-Band Mama - Original Acupressure Morning Sickness Relief WristbandHolidays & TravelIn stock
Freederm Deep Pore Face Cleansing Wipes - 25 PackSkin CareIn stock
Sea-Band Kids - Original Drug Free Children's Nausea Relief WristbandHolidays & TravelIn stock
Imodium Instants (2mg) - 6 Orodispersible TabletsIBSIn stock
More products from this brand
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.