What are Kwells Kids Tablets?
Kwells Kids 150 microgram tablets are used for the fast and effective prevention and control of travel sickness. Travel sickness happens when the brain receives mixed messages. Visual messages from the eyes inform the brain that the immediate surroundings are stationary, but a delicate balancing organ in the ear tells the brain that you are moving. This conﬂicting information triggers nausea we associate with travel sickness.
The active substance in Kwells Kids tablets is hyoscine hydrobromide. Hyoscine hydrobromide temporarily reduces the effect of movement on the balance organs of the inner ear and the nerves responsible for nausea.
Because Kwells Kids tablets melt in the mouth, absorption into the bloodstream is very rapid, and they can be taken up to 20–30 minutes before travelling or at the onset of sickness.
How to help avoid travel sickness
- Sit with the head tilted back to stabilise the balancing mechanism in the ear.
- Ensure the vehicle you are in is well ventilated.
- Try to have a clear view of the window.
- Have a bite to eat before the journey to help keep the stomach settled, but avoid greasy food.
- If you travel by car, take regular breaks for exercise, fresh air and refreshments.
- In an aeroplane, you can ease the pressure on your ears by sucking a boiled sweet during take off and landing.
- Avoid strong smelling food, smoke, perfume, or petrol fumes.
How to take Kwells Kids Tablets
The tablets can be sucked, chewed or swallowed. They have a scoreline so they can be halved if necessary. The tablets can be taken up to 30 minutes before travelling to prevent travel sickness, or even at the onset of nausea.
- Children over 10 years: Give your child one or two tablets every 6 hours, as required. Do not give your child this medicine more than 3 times in 24 hours.
- Children 4 to 10 years: Give your child half or one tablet every 6 hours, as required. Do not give your child this medicine more than 3 times in 24 hours.
Kwells Kids tablets should not be given to children under 4 years of age.
What do Kwells Kids Tablets contain
The active substance is hyoscine hydrobromide at a strength of 150 micrograms.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Customers also bought
Top products in this category
Stugeron 15mg (Cinnarizine) - 15 TabletsHolidays & TravelIn stock
Kwells Travel Sickness - 12 TabletsHolidays & TravelIn stock
Imodium Instant Melts - 18 TabletsIBSIn stock
Imodium Classic (2mg) - 12 CapsulesIBSIn stock
Imodium Plus Comfort Multi-Symptom Relief – 6 TabletsDiarrhoeaIn stock
Sea-Band Original Drug Free Nausea Relief WristbandHolidays & TravelIn stock
Imodium Instant Melts - 12 TabletsIBSIn stock
Imodium Classic (2mg) - 18 CapsulesIBSIn stock
After Bite Classic - Insect Bite Relief Handy Pen - 14mlHolidays & TravelIn stock
Piriton Syrup – 150mlAllergies & HayfeverIn stock
Imodium Plus 2mg/125mg - 12 CapletsDiarrhoeaIn stock
Imodium Instants (2mg) - 6 Orodispersible TabletsIBSIn stock
More products from this brand
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.