What is Imodium (Loperamide Hydrochloride) IBS Relief Capsules?
Imodium Soft Capsules are for the relief of short-term diarrhoea associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), in anyone over the age of 18. The active ingredient is loperamide hydrochloride, which decreases the frequency of diarrhoea and other symptoms associated with IBS.
What is IBS?
IBS is a life-long condition which affects the digestive tract and is characterised by a range of symptoms, including recurrent abdominal pain and discomfort, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. The exact cause of IBS remains unknown; however, it has been associated with oversensitive abdominal nerves, family history and anxiety.
Who should NOT use Imodium capsules?
These capsules should not be taken by anyone who:
- Suffers from diarrhoea after having any antibiotics, like clindamycin*
- Is suffering from flare-ups of ulcerative colitis*
- Suffering from constipation
- Has blood or mucus in the stool
- Is 40 or over, and it has been some time since the last IBS occurrence
- Feels ill or nauseous
- Has recently lost your appetite or weight
- Has trouble passing urine
- Has a fever
- Have recently travelled overseas
How should Imodium IBS Relief 2mg Soft Capsules be taken?
For short term diarrhoea, the recommended dosage is two capsules to be taken immediately and then one capsule after every bowel movement. No more than six capsules to be taken in 24 hours.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 2-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.49 - Delivery within 2-5 working days