What are Guardium Tablets Heartburn and Acid Reflux Control Tablets
This medicine contains the active substance esomeprazole. It belongs to a group of medicines called proton pump inhibitors. They work by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces.
This medicine is used in adults for the short-term treatment of reflux symptoms (for example, heartburn and acid regurgitation).
Reflux is the backflow of acid from the stomach into the gullet ("food pipe") which may become inflamed and painful. This may cause symptoms such as a painful sensation in the chest rising up to your throat (heartburn) and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation).
This medicine is not meant to bring immediate relief. You may need to take the tablets for 2-3 days in a row before you feel better. You must talk to a doctor if you do not feel better or if you feel worse after 14 days.
What are the symptoms of heartburn
The normal symptoms of reflux are a painful sensation in the chest rising up to your throat (heartburn) and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation).
Why do you get these symptoms?
Heartburn can be a result of eating too much, eating high-fat food, eating too quickly
and drinking lots of alcohol. You may also notice that when you lie down, your
heartburn gets worse. If you are overweight or smoke you increase the probability of
suffering from heartburn.
What can I do to help relieve my symptoms
- Eat healthier food and try to avoid spicy and fatty foods and large meals late before bedtime.
- Avoid fizzy drinks, coffee, chocolate and alcohol.
- Eat slowly and eat smaller portions.
- Try to lose weight.
- Stop smoking.
How to take Guardium Tablets Heartburn and Acid Reflux Control Tablets
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist have told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Adults aged 18 years and over:
- The recommended dose is one tablet a day.
- Do not take more than this recommended dose of one tablet (20 mg) a day, even if you don’t feel an improvement immediately.
- You may need to take the tablets for 2 or 3 days in a row before your reflux symptoms (for example, heartburn and acid regurgitation) get better.
- The treatment length is up to 14 days.
- When your reflux symptoms have completely gone you should stop taking this medicine.
- If your reflux symptoms get worse or do not improve after taking this medicine for 14 days in a row, you should consult a doctor.
Children and adolescents less than 18 years of age:
- Do not give this medicine to children or adolescents under 18 years of age.
If you have persistent or longstanding, frequently recurring symptoms even after treatment with this medicine, you should contact your doctor.
Taking Guardium Tablets
- You can take your tablet at any time of the day either with food or on an empty stomach.
- Swallow your tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not chew or crush the tablet. This is because the tablet contains coated pellets, which stop the medicine from being broken down by the acid in your stomach. It is important not to damage the pellets.
Alternative method of taking Guardium Tablets
- Put the tablet in a glass of still (non-fizzy) water. Do not use any other liquids.
- Stir until the tablet breaks up (the mixture will not be clear) then drink the mixture straight away or within 30 minutes. Always stir the mixture just before drinking it.
- To make sure that you have drunk all of the medicine, rinse the glass very well with half a glass of water and drink it. The solid pieces contain the medicine – do not chew or crush them.
What do Guardium Tablets Heartburn and Acid Reflux Control Tablets contain
- The active substance is esomeprazole. Each gastro-resistant tablet contains 20 mg esomeprazole (as esomeprazole magnesium).
- The other ingredients are: Microcrystalline cellulose, Macrogol 8000, Lactose
monohydrate, Talc (E 553b), Methacrylic acid-ethyl acrylate copolymer,
Copovidone K 28, Crospovidone, Sucrose, Povidone K 90, Maize starch,
Magnesium oxide, light (E 530), Silica colloidal, anhydrous, Magnesium stearate,
Diethyl phthalate, Polysorbate 80, Ethylcellulose, Sodium laurilsulfate,
Hypromellose (E464), Titanium dioxide (E 171), Iron oxide red (E172), Shellac
glaze, Iron oxide black (E172) and Propylene glycol.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Customers also bought
Curanail 5% Medicated Nail Laquer - 3mlFoot CareIn stock
Imodium Classic (2mg) - 12 CapsulesIBSIn stock
100 Blephaclean Sterile Eyelid Cleansing Wipes - 20 Wipes x 5Eye CareOut of stock
60 Blephaclean Sterile Eyelid Cleansing Wipes - 20 Wipes x 3Eye CareOut of stock
Fybogel Mebeverine Orange - 10 SachetsConstipationOut of stock
Top products in this category
Nexium Control For Heartburn And Acid Reflux 20mg – 14 TabletsIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Gaviscon Advance Aniseed Flavoured Suspension – 500mlIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Pyrocalm Control Omeprazole 20mg Tablets - 14 PackIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Nexium Control For Heartburn And Acid Reflux 20mg – 14 CapsulesIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Gaviscon Advance Aniseed Flavoured Suspension – 600mlIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Silicol Gel - 200mlIBSIn stock
Gaviscon Advance Aniseed Flavoured Suspension – 300mlIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Gaviscon Advance Aniseed Flavoured Suspension – 250mlIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Nexium Control For Heartburn And Acid Reflux 20mg – 7 TabletsIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Pyrocalm Control Omeprazole 20mg Tablets - 7 PackIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Guardium Tablets Heartburn and Acid Reflux Control - 7 TabletsIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Gaviscon Advance Aniseed Flavoured Suspension – 150mlIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
More products from this brand
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.