What are Pyrocalm Control Omeprazole 20mg Tablets?
Pyrocalm Control Tablets contain the active substance omeprazole. It belongs to a group of medicines called 'proton pump inhibitors'. It works by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces.
The tablets are used in adults for the short-term treatment of reflux symptoms (for example, heartburn, acid regurgitation).
Reflux is the backflow of acid from the stomach into the gullet 'food pipe', which may become inflamed and painful. This may cause symptoms such as a painful burning sensation in the chest rising to the throat (heartburn) and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation).
This medicine is not meant to bring immediate relief. It might be necessary to take the tablets for 2-3 consecutive days to achieve improvement of symptoms.
What are the symptoms of heartburn?
The typical symptoms of reflux are a painful sensation in the chest rising to your throat (heartburn) and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation).
Why do you get these symptoms?
Heartburn can be a result of overeating, eating high-fat food, eating too quickly and drinking lots of alcohol. You may notice that when you lie down, your heartburn gets worse. If you are overweight or smoke, you increase the chance of suffering from indigestion.
What can I do to help relieve my symptoms?
- Try to avoid spicy and fatty foods and large meals late before bedtime.
- Avoid fizzy drinks, coffee, chocolate and alcohol.
- Eat slowly and eat smaller portions.
- Try to lose weight.
- Stop smoking.
How to take Pyrocalm Control Omeprazole 20mg Tablets?
The recommended dose is one 20 mg tablet once a day for up to 14 days. Contact your doctor if you are not free from symptoms after this period.
It might be necessary to take the tablets for 2-3 consecutive days to achieve improvement of symptoms. Do not take more than the recommended dose (one 20mg tablet a day) even if you don't feel an improvement immediately.
When your reflux symptoms have gone completely, you should stop taking this medicine.
Taking Pyrocalm Control Tablets:
- It is recommended that you take your tablets in the morning.
- You can take your tablets with food or on an empty stomach.
- Swallow your tablets whole with half a glass of water. Do not chew or crush the tablets. This is because the tablets are coated with an enteric coating which stops the medicine from being broken down by the acid in your stomach. The tablets release the active ingredient in the intestine, where it is absorbed by your body to give an effect.
What do Pyrocalm Control Tablets contain
The active substance is omeprazole. Pyrocalm Control Tablets contain 20 mg of omeprazole. The other ingredients are lactose monohydrate, sodium starch glycolate, sodium stearyl fumarate, sodium stearate, hypromellose acetate succinate, brownish pink colour (which contains propylene glycol, titanium dioxide (E171), red iron oxide (E172), hypromellose and yellow iron oxide (E172)), talc, triethyl citrate, monoethanolamine, sodium lauryl sulfate and traces of carnauba wax.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Customers also bought
Top products in this category
Bisodol Indigestion Relief – 60 Tablets - Pack of 3Indigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Nexium Control For Heartburn And Acid Reflux 20mg – 14 TabletsIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Bisodol Indigestion Relief – 60 TabletsIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Gaviscon Advance Aniseed Flavoured Suspension – 300mlIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Nexium Control For Heartburn And Acid Reflux 20mg – 14 CapsulesIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Silicol Gel - 200mlIBSIn stock
Guardium Tablets Heartburn and Acid Reflux Control - 7 TabletsIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Eno Fruit Salts Original - 150gIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Nexium Control For Heartburn And Acid Reflux 20mg – 7 TabletsIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Pyrocalm Control Omeprazole 20mg Tablets - 7 PackIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Gaviscon Advance Aniseed Flavoured Suspension – 150mlIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Guardium Tablets Heartburn and Acid Reflux Control - 14 TabletsIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
More products from this brand
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.