What are Senokot Max Strength Senna Laxative Tablets
Senokot Max Strength Tablets contains Senna/Sennosides which work as a stimulant laxative for the short-term relief of occasional constipation. Senokot Max Strength Tablets contains calcium sennosides. Constipation is a fairly common and uncomfortable complaint. It usually involves difficult or irregular bowel movements, accompanied by hard, dry motions which can be painful to pass. Laxatives do not help with weight loss.
What is constipation?
Normal and regular bowel movement is important for most people. However, what is “normal and regular” varies from person to person. Some may have a bowel movement every day, others less often. Whatever it is like for you, it is best that your bowel movement has a regular pattern. Constipation is an occasional problem for some people. For others, it may happen more often It happens when the normal muscle actions in the bowel (large intestine) slow down. This can mean that material is not easily eliminated from the body. The cause of constipation is often not known. It can be associated with:
- A sudden change in diet
- A diet with not enough fibre
- Not drinking enough fluids
- Loss of ‘tone’ of the bowel muscles in older people
- Having to stay in bed for a long time
- Lack of exercise
It is recommended to use changes in diet and bulk-forming medicines to control constipation before using this medicine.
These healthy tips are recommended to try to prevent constipation happening:
- Eat a balanced diet including fresh fruit and vegetables
- Drink enough water so that you do not become dehydrated
- Keep up your exercise and stay fit
- Make time to empty your bowels when your body tells you
How to take Senokot Max Strength Senna Laxative Tablets
New users should start with the lowest dose and increase it to the maximum if necessary.
Once regularity has been regained dosage should be reduced and stopped.
Adults, the elderly and children 12 years and over: swallow one tablet at night.
Do not exceed the stated dose
Duration of use
Normally it is sufficient to take this medicinal product up to two to three times a week.
Not to be used for more than one week.
Tell a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if:
- the symptoms worsen or persist during the use of the medicinal product.
- there is no bowel movement within 3 days of use.
- you need to take laxatives every day if abdominal pain persists
- This medication should NOT be taken for more than 5 days without medical supervision.
- This medication is for short term use only.
- This medication does NOT help with weight loss.
What do Senokot Max Strength Senna Laxative Tablets contain
Each tablet contains powdered Alexandrian Senna fruit (pods) (Cassia senna L. (C. acutifolia Delile)) and Tinnevelly Senna fruit (pods) (Cassia angustifolia Vahl) equivalent to 15mg hydroxyanthracene glycosides, calculated as sennoside B.
Also contains calcium phosphate, maize starch, magnesium stearate and lactose monohydrate.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Top products in this category
Senokot Senna - 60 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Dulcolax 5mg Tablets for Constipation, 100 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Fybogel Fibre Chews - Citrus Flavour - 60 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Laxido Orange Powder Sugar Free - 30 SachetsConstipationIn stock
Dulcolax Pico Liquid Laxative (Sodium Picosulfate) 5mg/5ml Oral Solution – 300mlConstipationIn stock
Dulcolax Laxative Suppositories 10mg - 12 SuppositoriesConstipationIn stock
Movicol Powder Sachets - 50 SachetsConstipationIn stock
Care Senna Laxative - 100 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Lactulose Oral Solution 3.3g/5ml - 500mlConstipationIn stock
CosmoCol Orange Flavour - 30 SachetsConstipationIn stock
Laxido Orange Powder Sugar Free - 20 SachetsConstipationIn stock
Movicol Powder Sachets - 30 SachetsConstipationIn stock
More products from this brand
Senokot Max Strength Senna Laxative - 48 TabletsConstipationOut of stock
Senokot Constipation Relief Syrup - 150mlConstipationOut of stock
Senosoft Constipation Relief Macrogol 4000 - Osmotic Laxatives - 10 SachetsConstipationOut of stock
Senocalm IBS Relief & Prevention - 20 Capsules - Pack of 4IBSOut of stock
Senocalm IBS Relief & Prevention - 20 CapsulesIBSOut of stock
Senokot Constipation Relief Syrup - 150ml - Pack of 3ConstipationOut of stock
Senokot Senna - 60 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Senosoft Constipation Relief Macrogol 4000 - Osmotic Laxatives - 20 SachetsConstipationOut of stock
Senokot Senna - 20 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Senokot Constipation Relief Syrup - 500mlConstipationOut of stock
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.