What is Lactulose Solution?
Lactulose is used to treat constipation. Lactulose is not metabolised or absorbed by the body, and the substance helps pull water into the colon, softening the stool. Lactulose also works by promoting peristalsis, pushing food through the digestive system.
This product is recommended for:
- Pregnant women.
- Nursing mothers.
- Children with constipation.
- People who recently underwent surgery.
- Older adults or people with severe or chronic constipation
How to take Lactulose Solution
Adults: Initially take 15-30ml daily for first 2-3 days (45ml may be given in obstinate cases) then 10-15ml daily or according to the need of the patient.
Children: Initially take 10-25ml daily for first 2-3 days then 5-15ml daily or according to the need of the patient.
Dosage does not appear to be related to the age or weight of the child and should be adjusted to produce the required response.
Lactulose isn't absorbed into the bloodstream and is not known to be harmful if used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, as with all medicines, you should get medical advice from your doctor before taking lactulose in pregnancy, or if you're breastfeeding.
- This medication should NOT be taken for more than 5 days without medical supervision.
- This medication is for short term use only.
- This medication does NOT help with weight loss.
What does Lactulose Solution contain
Lactulose (67.0% w/v), lactose and galactose.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Top products in this category
Fybogel Orange Sachet Drinks – 30 SachetsConstipationIn stock
Fybogel Fibre Chews - Citrus Flavour - 60 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Dulcolax 5mg Tablets for Constipation, 20 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Care Epsom Salts - 300gSports Aids and SupportsIn stock
Care Senna Laxative - 20 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Fybogel Mebeverine Orange - 10 SachetsConstipationIn stock
Califig Syrup of Figs with Fibre - 100mlConstipationIn stock
Fybogel Fibre Chews - Citrus Flavour - 30 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Care Glycerin Adult 4g - Constipation Relief - 12 SuppositoriesConstipationOut of stock
Dulcolax 5mg Tablets for Constipation, 100 TabletsConstipationOut of stock
DulcoSoft Liquid - Oral Laxative for Comfortable Relief From Constipation - 250 mlConstipationOut of stock
Movicol Powder Sachets - 30 SachetsConstipationOut of stock
More products from this brand
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.