What are Senokot Max Strength Senna Laxative Tablets
Senokot Max Strength Tablets contains Senna/Sennosides which work as a stimulant laxative for the short-term relief of occasional constipation. Senokot Max Strength Tablets contains calcium sennosides. Constipation is a fairly common and uncomfortable complaint. It usually involves difficult or irregular bowel movements, accompanied by hard, dry motions which can be painful to pass. Laxatives do not help with weight loss.
What is constipation?
Normal and regular bowel movement is important for most people. However, what is “normal and regular” varies from person to person. Some may have a bowel movement every day, others less often. Whatever it is like for you, it is best that your bowel movement has a regular pattern. Constipation is an occasional problem for some people. For others, it may happen more often It happens when the normal muscle actions in the bowel (large intestine) slow down. This can mean that material is not easily eliminated from the body. The cause of constipation is often not known. It can be associated with:
- A sudden change in diet
- A diet with not enough fibre
- Not drinking enough fluids
- Loss of ‘tone’ of the bowel muscles in older people
- Having to stay in bed for a long time
- Lack of exercise
It is recommended to use changes in diet and bulk-forming medicines to control constipation before using this medicine.
These healthy tips are recommended to try to prevent constipation happening:
- Eat a balanced diet including fresh fruit and vegetables
- Drink enough water so that you do not become dehydrated
- Keep up your exercise and stay fit
- Make time to empty your bowels when your body tells you
How to take Senokot Max Strength Senna Laxative Tablets
New users should start with the lowest dose and increase it to the maximum if necessary.
Once regularity has been regained dosage should be reduced and stopped.
Adults, the elderly and children 12 years and over: swallow one tablet at night.
Do not exceed the stated dose
Duration of use
Normally it is sufficient to take this medicinal product up to two to three times a week.
Not to be used for more than one week.
Tell a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if:
- the symptoms worsen or persist during the use of the medicinal product.
- there is no bowel movement within 3 days of use.
- you need to take laxatives every day if abdominal pain persists
- This medication should NOT be taken for more than 5 days without medical supervision.
- This medication is for short term use only.
- This medication does NOT help with weight loss.
What do Senokot Max Strength Senna Laxative Tablets contain
Each tablet contains powdered Alexandrian Senna fruit (pods) (Cassia senna L. (C. acutifolia Delile)) and Tinnevelly Senna fruit (pods) (Cassia angustifolia Vahl) equivalent to 15mg hydroxyanthracene glycosides, calculated as sennoside B.
Also contains calcium phosphate, maize starch, magnesium stearate and lactose monohydrate.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 2-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.49 - Delivery within 2-5 working days