What is Galpharm Cold Sore Cream
Cold Sore Cream is a smooth off-white cream for application to the lips and face. It contains aciclovir which belongs to a group of medicines called antivirals.
This cream is used for the treatment of cold sores (Herpes simplex virus infections); it slows the growth of the virus and speeds the healing of cold sore blisters.
How to use Galpharm Cold Sore Cream
It is best to apply the product as soon as possible after the start of the infection.
For application to the surface of the skin only:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before use.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream to the infected area and the skin immediately next to it, 5 times a day at intervals of about 4 hours. Take care not to rub the infected skin any more than you need to.
- Wash your hands again, to avoid spreading the infection.
- Use the cream for up to 5 days. If the infection has not healed after this time, you can continue to use it for a further 5 days
What does Galpharm Cold Sore Cream contain
The active substance is aciclovir and the cream contains 50 mg in every 1 g (5%).
The other ingredients are stearoyl macrogolglycerides, dimeticone, cetyl alcohol, liquid paraffin, white soft paraffin, propylene glycol and purified water (see end of Section 2 for further information).
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Customers also bought
2 x Fluconazole Fungal Infection Capsule - 150mgFungal InfectionsIn stock
Nytol One-A-Night 50mg - 20 TabletsSleeping AidsIn stock
Daktarin (Miconazole) 2% Cream - 15gFoot CareIn stock
Paracetamol Tablets 500mg - 96 TabletsPain ReliefIn stock
Nexium Control For Heartburn And Acid Reflux 20mg – 14 TabletsIndigestion & HeartburnIn stock
Co-Codamol - 32 x 8/500mg TabletsPain ReliefIn stock
Hypromellose Eye Drops 0.3% - 10ml - Pack of 3Eye CareIn stock
Brolene 0.1% w/v Eye Drops - 10mlEye CareIn stock
Migraleve Pink (Codeine/Paracetamol) - 24 TabletsPain ReliefIn stock
Syndol Headache Relief - 30 TabletsPain ReliefIn stock
Lactulose Oral Solution 3.3g/5ml - 500mlConstipationIn stock
VIAGRA Connect 50mg - 4 TabletsErectile DysfunctionIn stock
Top products in this category
More products from this brand
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.