What are Cetirizine Tablets?
Cetirizine is an antihistamine medicine that relieves the symptoms of allergies.
It's used to treat:
- hay fever
- conjunctivitis (red, itchy eye)
- hives (urticaria)
- reactions to insect bites and stings
- some food allergies
Cetirizine is known as a non-drowsy antihistamine. It's much less likely to make you feel sleepy than some other antihistamines.
Key facts about Cetirizine Hay Fever Tablets
- It's usual to take Cetirizine once a day. Children sometimes take it twice a day.
- Cetirizine is classed as a non-drowsy antihistamine, but some people still find it makes them feel quite sleepy.
- Common side effects include headaches, dry mouth, feeling sick, dizziness, stomach pain and diarrhoea.
- It's best not to drink alcohol while you're taking Cetirizine as it can make you feel sleepy.
How much Cetirizine to take
- The usual dose in adults is 10mg once daily.
- Doses are usually lower for people with kidney problems.
- For children, your doctor will use your child's weight or age to work out the right dose.
- If you have bought Cetirizine for a child, follow the instructions on the packet.
- Depending on their age, children may take Cetirizine twice a day. In this case, try to space the doses 10 to 12 hours apart.
How to take Cetirizine
- You can take Cetirizine with or without food.
- Always take cetirizine tablets or capsules with a drink of water, milk or juice. Swallow them whole. Do not chew them.
When to take Cetirizine
- You may only need to take Cetirizine on a day you have symptoms - for example, if you have been exposed to a trigger like animal hair.
- Or you may need to take it regularly to prevent symptoms - for example, to stop hay fever during spring and summer.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Top products in this category
360 x Loratadine 10mg - Hay Fever & Allergy Relief TabletsAllergies & HayfeverIn stock
Treathay Fexofenadine 120mg - 10 TabletsAllergies & HayfeverIn stock
NeilMed Sinus Rinse Refill Kit - 120 SachetsAllergies & HayfeverIn stock
Nasacort Allergy Nasal Spray – 30 SprayAllergies & HayfeverIn stock
180 x Loratadine 10mg - Hay Fever & Allergy Relief TabletsAllergies & HayfeverIn stock
Hylo-Dual Relief From Allergy Symptoms Eye Drops - 10mlAllergies & HayfeverIn stock
Pirinase Hayfever Relief Nasal Spray - 60 DosesAllergies & HayfeverIn stock
Neilmed Sinus Rinse Kit With 10 SachetsAllergies & HayfeverIn stock
Benacort 64 Micrograms Nasal Spray - 10ml - 120 SpraysAllergies & HayfeverIn stock
PiriNatural Breathe Clean Daily Nasal Wash - 100mlAllergies & HayfeverIn stock
NeilMed NasoGel Spray For Dry Noses - 30mlAllergies & HayfeverIn stock
Clarityn Allergy Relief 10mg - 14 TabletsAllergies & HayfeverIn stock
More products from this brand
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.