180 x Cetirizine (10mg) - Hay Fever & Allergy Relief Tablets
- In Stock
- Brand: Allacan
- SKU: 6996862 x 6
- EAN: 5060842041345
What are Cetirizine Tablets?
Cetirizine is an antihistamine medicine that relieves the symptoms of allergies.
It's used to treat:
- hay fever
- conjunctivitis (red, itchy eye)
- hives (urticaria)
- reactions to insect bites and stings
- some food allergies
Cetirizine is known as a non-drowsy antihistamine. It's much less likely to make you feel sleepy than some other antihistamines.
Key facts about Cetirizine Hay Fever Tablets
- It's usual to take Cetirizine once a day. Children sometimes take it twice a day.
- Cetirizine is classed as a non-drowsy antihistamine, but some people still find it makes them feel quite sleepy.
- Common side effects include headaches, dry mouth, feeling sick, dizziness, stomach pain and diarrhoea.
- It's best not to drink alcohol while you're taking Cetirizine as it can make you feel sleepy.
How much Cetirizine to take
- The usual dose in adults is 10mg once daily.
- Doses are usually lower for people with kidney problems.
- For children, your doctor will use your child's weight or age to work out the right dose.
- If you have bought Cetirizine for a child, follow the instructions on the packet.
- Depending on their age, children may take Cetirizine twice a day. In this case, try to space the doses 10 to 12 hours apart.
How to take Cetirizine
- You can take Cetirizine with or without food.
- Always take cetirizine tablets or capsules with a drink of water, milk or juice. Swallow them whole. Do not chew them.
When to take Cetirizine
- You may only need to take Cetirizine on a day you have symptoms - for example, if you have been exposed to a trigger like animal hair.
- Or you may need to take it regularly to prevent symptoms - for example, to stop hay fever during spring and summer.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability
Standard UK Delivery - £2.89 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability