What is EMLA Cream 5%?
EMLA Cream contains two active substances called lidocaine and prilocaine. These belong to a group of medicines called local anaesthetics.
EMLA Cream works by numbing the surface of the skin for a short time. It is put on the skin before certain medical procedures. This helps to stop the pain on the skin, however, you may still have the feelings of pressure and touch.
Adults, Adolescents and Children
It can be used to numb the skin before:
- Having a needle put in (for example, if you are having an injection or a blood test).
- Minor skin operations.
Adults and Adolescents
It can also be used:
- Having an injection.
- Medical procedures such as the removal of warts.
It can also be used to numb the skin before:
- Cleansing or removal of damaged skin of leg ulcers.
For other purposes than application to intact skin, the product should be used only upon recommendation of a doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
How to use EMLA Cream 5%
Always use EMLA Cream exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor, pharmacist or nurse has told you. Check with your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you are not sure.
Using EMLA Cream
- Where to put the cream, how much to use and how long to leave it on will depend on what it is used for. Half a 5 g tube corresponds to about 2 g EMLA Cream. One gram of EMLA Cream pressed out of a tube is approximately 3.5 cm.
- EMLA Cream should be used on the genitals only by a doctor or nurse.
- When EMLA Cream is used on leg ulcers, a doctor or nurse should supervise its use.
What does EMLA Cream 5% contain
The active substances are lidocaine and prilocaine. Each gram of cream contains 25 mg of lidocaine and 25 mg of prilocaine.
The other ingredients are macrogolglycerol hydroxystearate, Carbomer 974P, sodium hydroxide and purified water.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Top products in this category
Savlon Antiseptic Cream - 30gTattoo CareIn stock
Savlon Antiseptic Cream - 30g - Pack of 3Tattoo CareIn stock
Savlon Antiseptic Cream - 15gTattoo CareIn stock
Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment - 100gTattoo CareIn stock
Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment - 100g - Pack of 3Tattoo CareIn stock
Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment - 30g - Pack of 3Tattoo CareIn stock
Savlon Antiseptic Cream - 100gTattoo CareIn stock
Savlon Antiseptic Cream - 60gTattoo CareIn stock
Savlon Antiseptic Cream - 100g - Pack of 3Tattoo CareIn stock
Savlon Antiseptic Cream - 30g - Pack of 2Tattoo CareIn stock
Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment - 30gTattoo CareIn stock
LMX4 Lidocaine 4% Cream - 30gTattoo CareOut of stock
More products from this brand
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.