What are Buccastem M Buccal tablets?
Buccastem M Tablets are effective in treating nausea (feeling sick) and vomiting (being sick) associated with migraine.
Buccastem M Tablets contain prochlorperazine maleate. Prochlorperazine belongs to a large group of drugs known as phenothiazines, which have a variety of effects.
How to take Buccastem M Bucca tablets
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is one or two tablets twice a day for a maximum of 2 days, for adults aged 18 years or over.
Buccastem M Tablets are not recommended for children under 18 years of age.
Please read carefully before taking the tablet(s).
- Place the tablet high up along your top gum, under the upper lip either side of your mouth as indicated above. The tablet must not be swallowed whole or chewed.
- The tablet will soften and adhere to the gum. Allow it to dissolve slowly and completely - this may take between 1 and 2 hours. Most people find that after a few minutes they no longer notice the tablet.
- The tablet should not be moved about the mouth with the tongue as this will cause it to dissolve too quickly.
- If you wear dentures, the tablet may be placed in any comfortable position between your lip and gum.
- The tablet(s) is best taken after meals.
What do Buccastem M Buccal tablets contain
Each tablet contains 3 mg of the active ingredient prochlorperazine maleate.
The other ingredients are compressible sugar (sucrose), povidone K30, xanthan gum, locust bean gum, talc, magnesium stearate and riboflavin sodium phosphate.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 2-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.49 - Delivery within 2-5 working days