What are Alli Weight Loss Capsules
alli 60 mg hard capsules (orlistat) is a peripherally acting antiobesity product used for weight loss in adults aged 18 and over who are overweight, and have a body mass index (BMI) of 28 or above. alli should be used along with a reduced calorie, lower-fat diet.
BMI is a way to determine if you have a healthy weight or are overweight for your height. The chart below will help you decide whether or not you are overweight and alli is right for you.
Risk of being overweight
Being overweight increases your risk of developing several serious health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease. These conditions may not cause you to feel unwell, so you should see your doctor for a general health check.
How alli works
The active ingredient (orlistat) in alli targets fat in your digestive system. It stops about a quarter of the fat in your meals from being absorbed. This fat will pass out of the body in your stools (see section 4). It is, therefore, vital that you commit to a lower-fat diet to manage these effects. If you do, the action of the capsules will assist your efforts by helping you to lose more weight compared to dieting alone. For every 2 kg (4 lb) you lose from dieting alone, alli can help you lose 1 kg (2 lb) more.
What you need to know before you take alli
Do not take alli:
- If you have cholestasis (a condition where bile flow from the liver is blocked).
- If you are taking ciclosporin, used after organ transplants, for severe rheumatoid arthritis and some severe skin conditions.
- If you are allergic to orlistat or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking warfarin or other medicines used to thin the blood.
- If you have problems absorbing food (chronic malabsorption syndrome), it is diagnosed by a doctor.
How to take Alli Weight Loss Capsules
Choose your start date - Choose the day you will start taking the capsules ahead of time. Before taking the capsules, begin your reduced-calorie, lower-fat diet and give your body a few days to adjust to your new eating habits. Keep a record of what you are eating in a food diary. Food diaries are practical because they make you aware of what you are eating and how much you eat and give you the basis to make changes.
Decide on your weight loss goal - Think about how much you want to lose, then set a target weight. A realistic goal is to lose between 5% to 10% of your starting weight. The amount of weight you lose may vary from week to week. It would be best to lose a gradual, steady pace of about 0.5 kg (1 lb) weekly.
Set your calorie and fat targets - To help you reach your weight-loss goal, you must set two daily targets, one for calories and one for fat.
Adults 18 and over
- Try to be more physically active before you start taking the capsules. Physical activity is an essential part of a weight loss programme. Remember to check with your doctor first if you have not exercised before.
- You can keep your daily dose of alli in the blue carry case (Shuttle) included in this pack.
- Swallow the capsule whole with water.
- Take alli just before, during or up to one hour after meals. This usually means one capsule at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ensure your three main meals are well balanced, have reduced calories, and are lower in fat.
- Take one capsule three times a day.
- Do not take a capsule if you miss a meal or your meal contains no fat. alli does not work unless there is some fat in the meal.
- Do not take more than three capsules a day.
- Eat lower-fat meals to reduce the chance of diet-related treatment effects.
- Continue to be active while taking alli and after you stop taking it.
What do Alli Weight Loss Capsules contain
The active substance is orlistat. Each hard capsule contains 60 mg of orlistat.
The other ingredients are:
- Capsule shell: gelatin, indigo carmine (E132), titanium dioxide (E171), sodium lauryl sulfate, sorbitan monolaurate, black ink (shellac, iron oxide black (E172), propylene glycol).
- Capsule filling: microcrystalline cellulose (E460), sodium starch glycolate, povidone (E1201), sodium lauryl sulfate, talc.
- Capsule band: gelatin, polysorbate 80, indigo carmine (E132).
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Top products in this category
Almased Meal Replacement Soya Honey and Yoghurt - 500gWeight ManagementIn stock
Sweetex Tablets Dispenser - 300 TabletsWeight ManagementIn stock
Sweetex Tablets Dispenser - 1200 TabletsWeight ManagementIn stock
Sweetex Tablets Dispenser - 800 TabletsWeight ManagementIn stock
Orlos (Orlistat) Weight Loss Capsules - 84 x 60mgWeight ManagementOut of stock
Orlos (Orlistat) Weight Loss Capsules - 84 x 60mg - Pack of 2Weight ManagementOut of stock
Orlos (Orlistat) Weight Loss Capsules - 84 x 60mg - Pack of 3Weight ManagementOut of stock
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.