What is Amielle Comfort Vaginal Dilator
Painful sex is a very distressing problem which may have a detrimental effect on relationships with partners. Thousands of women experience painful intercourse or problems with vaginal penetration, so you will be relieved to know that you are not alone. Amielle Comfort vaginal dilators have been developed to help in the treatment of conditions that cause painful sex.
Effective treatment in the comfort of your home
The Amielle Comfort is a vaginal dilator that has been designed specifically to provide gentle, at-home self-treatment for women experiencing painful vaginal penetration. Vaginal dilators work to strengthen and ‘train’ the muscles of the vagina for many reasons, including following surgery or medical treatment.
Amielle Comfort vaginal dilators offer an effective way to take an active role in your treatment in the privacy and comfort of your home. Used daily for 5 minutes, the treatment is simple, safe and effective in many cases.
Vaginal dilators can help to treat conditions such as vaginismus (an involuntary tightening of the vaginal muscles) and dyspareunia if you experience pain before, during or after sexual intercourse, this is known as dyspareunia.
Vaginal dilators are designed to help you build your confidence.
Developed in conjunction with psychosexual therapists, Amielle Comfort vaginal dilators help you familiarise yourself with your body and build your confidence until you feel able to progress to natural penetration with your partner.
Amielle Comfort vaginal dilators start at a size of just 1.5cm in diameter, allowing you to start small and gradually move up the range at a pace which is comfortable and safe for you. The aim is to progress until your vaginal muscles are comfortable being dilated enough to avoid pain or discomfort during penetration.
How to use Amielle Comfort Vaginal Dilator
- Before You Begin – Before first-time use, wash dilators and handle in warm, soapy water, rinse thoroughly and allow to dry.
- Privacy – Use the dilators in a private, comfortable setting where you will be undisturbed.
- Positioning – The recommended position to use the dilators is to lie flat on your back with your knees bent and legs slightly apart. Alternatively, you may stand with one leg raised on a chair.
- Progression – Start with the smallest dilator, and once you can comfortably insert it, progress to the next size up. You may find when you first use the dilators that you can only tolerate the tip of the dilator. With persistent, daily use, you will be able to progress to full insertion gradually, then larger sizes. When transitioning sizes, move from the smaller dilator to the next size in the same session, as vaginal muscles will already be relaxed, and the transition will be easier. When you feel comfortable inserting the larger dilators you may be ready to attempt penetrative sexual intercourse. The time it takes to progress from size to size varies by individual.
- Cleaning Instructions – Amielle® Comfort vaginal dilators and handle should be washed after each use. Wash in warm, soapy water, rinse thoroughly and allow to dry before storing in carrying bag. Ensure all traces of soap are removed to avoid irritation.
Remember to wash the dilator handle if it has been used.
What does Amielle Comfort Vaginal Dilator contain
- 5 graduated dilators (diameters1.5cm, 2cm, 2.5cm, 2.8cm and 3cm)
- A universal secure-locking handle to make dilator insertion and removal easier
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.