- Out of stock
- Brand: Syndol
- SKU: 4093027
- EAN: 5000283658245
Opioids have a serious risk of addiction, especially with long-term use. For more information click here.
For 3 days use only.
Always read the label.
What are Syndol Tablets?
Syndol contains four different medicines called caffeine, codeine phosphate, doxylamine succinate and paracetamol. Paracetamol acts as an analgesic (painkiller) and an antipyretic (lowers body temperature), codeine phosphate is an analgesic, doxylamine succinate is an antihistamine and caffeine is a mild stimulant.
Syndol is used for the short term treatment of acute moderate pain which is not relieved by paracetamol, ibuprofen and aspirin alone such as headache, including muscle contraction or tension headache, migraine, neuralgia, period pain, toothache and other dental pain, muscular and rheumatic aches and pains and for pain relief following surgery or dental procedures.
Codeine can be used in children over 12 years of age for the short-term relief of moderate pain that is not relieved by other painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen alone but not if they are under 18 years of age and have had their tonsils or adenoids removed due to Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome.
How to take Syndol Tablets
- Do not take Syndol for more than 3 days. If you need to use this medicine for more than three days you must speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
- This medicine contains codeine and can cause addiction if you take it continuously for more than three days. When you stop taking it you may get withdrawal symptoms. You should talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you think you are suffering from withdrawal symptoms.
Adults, including the elderly:
- Take one or two tablets every four to six hours as needed for relief
- Adults should wait at least 4 hours before taking another dose
- Do not take more than eight tablets in a 24 hour period
- Do not exceed the stated dose
- If you are elderly or of a weakened state, you should seek advice from your doctor before taking Syndol as dosage adjustment may be required.
Children aged 16 to 18 years:
- 1 to 2 tablets every 6 hours when necessary up to a maximum of 8 tablets in 24 hours
Children aged 12 to 15 years:
- 1 tablet every 6 hours when necessary up to a maximum of 4 tablets in 24 hours
What do Syndol Tablets contain
Each Syndol tablet contains the following active ingredients, 450mg of paracetamol, 10mg of codeine phosphate, 5mg of doxylamine succinate and 30mg of caffeine.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability
Standard UK Delivery - £2.89 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability