- In Stock
- Brand: Anusol
- SKU: 0014878
- EAN: 5010123727505
What is Anusol Cream?
Anusol Cream is a medicine which is used to relieve the swelling, itch and irritation of internal and external piles (haemorrhoids) and other minor ano-rectal conditions such as anal itching and fissures. It can be used post-operatively following ano-rectal surgery.
Anusol Cream has a vanishing base formulation which means it is rapidly absorbed. The cream can also provide lubrication when used with suppositories. It contains the following ingredients:
- Zinc oxide is an astringent which soothes and protects raw areas and helps reduce swelling. It also acts as an antiseptic.
- Balsam Peru which is mildly antiseptic and has a protective action on sore areas and may help healing.
- Bismuth oxide which is astringent and antiseptic and also protects raw, irritated areas around the anal area.
What are piles?
Piles (haemorrhoids) are swollen blood vessels which occur inside or outside the back passage (anus).
Some people have piles without experiencing any symptoms, but sufferers may notice the following:
- Bleeding: Although streaks of bright red blood on the toilet paper are not uncommon in people with piles, it may be a sign of a more serious condition and you should see your doctor to check this.
- Swelling: The swollen blood vessels may be felt as a lump or blockage in the anus.
- Pain, itching and irritation in the anal region.
At least 40% of people suffer from piles at some time in their lives. However, many people are too embarrassed to seek advice or treatment and, as a result, experience unnecessary discomfort.
Fortunately, there is much you can do to ease the situation and relieve the symptoms.
What causes piles?
Several factors can contribute to the development of piles:
- The most common cause is straining during a bowel movement, usually because of constipation.
- During pregnancy, the growing baby exerts increased pressure on the anal vessels, which can lead to piles.
- Heredity: you may be more likely to develop piles if your family has a history of suffering.
A Healthy Living Plan for Piles Sufferers
You can reduce the risk of piles by following a healthy diet and lifestyle that helps to keep your bowels working regularly and prevents constipation. This can also help to speed recovery from piles.
- Eat a high fibre diet including foods like brown rice, wholemeal bread, wholewheat pasta etc.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables, and salads.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don't eat too much salty, fatty, or sugary foods such as crisps, burgers, and cakes.
- Cut back on the amount of alcohol, tea, and coffee you drink.
- Exercise regularly.
A healthy diet and lifestyle will reduce the likelihood of constipation and encourage a regular bowel habit. Go to the toilet regularly and try to avoid straining. Leaning forward from the hips may help.
For external and internal piles, Cream can be used. If internal haemorrhoids are the problem, Suppositories deliver a measured dose to the affected area.
How to apply Anusol Cream
Anusol Cream is for topical use only, which means it is applied directly to the affected area.
- Wash the anal area and dry gently with a soft towel before using the medicine.
- There is a nozzle supplied with the product which can be used to apply the cream into the back passage (anus).
- For external piles - after washing and drying the affected area, the cream should be gently applied to the affected area.
- For internal piles - after washing and drying the affected area, screw the nozzle provided onto the tube, remove the nozzle cap; insert the nozzle into the back passage and squeeze gently. Clean the nozzle after each use.
- Wash your hands before and after using Anusol.
Adults and the elderly: Anusol Cream should be applied sparingly to the affected area at night, in the morning and after each bowel movement.
What does Anusol Cream contain?
The active substances are per 100g: Zinc oxide 10.75 g, Bismuth oxide 2.14 g, Balsam peru 1.8 g.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability
Standard UK Delivery - £2.89 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability