- In Stock
- Brand: Curanail
- SKU: 4089660
- EAN: 5020465201397
What is Curanail 5% Medicated Nail Laquer
Curanail contains the active substance amorolfine. This belongs to a group of medicines called antifungals.
Curanail is used to treat mild fungal nail infections in adults aged 18 years and over.
It should only be used if:
- you have 1 or 2 nails affected
- the upper half or sides of the nail are affected.
Amorolfine kills a wide variety of fungi that can cause nail infections. Fungal nail infections can look very different, your nails could be discoloured (white, yellow or brown), thick or brittle.
How to use Curanail 5% Medicated Nail Laquer
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet.
Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Keeping a record
Before you start using the medicine you should keep a record of how your nail looks:
- Shade the area affected by the infection to assess your progress.
- If you have 2 nails affected, just do this for your worst nail.
- Every 3 months, shade the area affected in the next diagram.
- Do this until the infected nail has completely grown out.
This will help you remember how your nail looked so you can see your progress.
How long to use Curanail
- You need to use the medicine once a week until the infection has cleared and healthy nails have grown back.
- This usually takes 6 months for fingernails and 9 to 12 months for toenails.
- You will see a healthy nail growing as the infected nail grows out.
- Nails grow slowly so it may take 2 or 3 months before you start to see an improvement.
After every 3 months of treatment:
- If the infection has improved, continue the treatment.
- If the infection is the same or worse talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Safe use of Curanail
- If you get the medicine in your eyes or ears wash it out with water and talk to your doctor or pharmacist or go to the nearest hospital straight away.
- Do not let the medicine come into contact with your mouth or nostrils (or other mucous membranes).
- Do not inhale the medicine.
- Do not let anyone else use the files from your kit -this will stop the spread of infection.
- If you need to use chemicals such as paint thinners or white spirit when you have applied the medicine to your fingernails, wear rubber or other waterproof (impermeable) gloves. This will protect the medicine on your nails.
Step 1: Prepare the nail
Using a new file, gently file down the infected areas of the nail, including the nail surface. Protect any healthy nails while you are doing this so that you don't spread the infection.
CAUTION: Do not use the same nail file for infected nails and healthy nails, as this could spread the infection as well. To prevent the spread of infection take care that no one else uses the files from your kit.
Step 2: Clean the nail
Use one of the swabs provided to clean the nail surface. Do not throw the swab away as you will need it later to clean the applicator.
Step 3: Treat the nail
Dip one of the re-usable applicators into the bottle of nail lacquer. The lacquer must not be wiped off on the edge of the bottle before it is applied. Apply the nail lacquer evenly over the entire surface of the nail. Let the treated nail(s) dry for approximately 3 minutes.
What does Curanail 5% Medicated Nail Laquer contain?
Contains 5% w/v amorolfine. Also contains Ammenio methacrylate copolymer A, triacetin, Butyl acetate, ethyl acetate and ethanol
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability
Standard UK Delivery - £2.89 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability