What is DulcoSoft Solution?
DulcoSoft Solution is used for the symptomatic treatment of constipation and softening of hard stools. Contains macrogol 4000 which uses the water naturally contained already in your body to soften the stools to make bowel movements more comfortable.
What is constipation?
Normal and regular bowel movement is important for most people. However, what is 'normal and regular' varies from person to person. Some may have a bowel movement every day, others less often. Whatever it is like for you, it is best that your bowel movement has a regular pattern.
Constipation is an occasional problem for some people. For others, it may happen more often. It happens when the normal muscle actions in the bowel (large intestine) slow down. This can mean that material is not easily eliminated from the body.
The cause of constipation is often not known. It can be associated with:
- A sudden change in diet
- A diet with not enough fibre
- Not drinking enough fluid
- Loss of 'tone' of the bowel muscles in older people
- Medicines such as morphine or codeine
- Having to stay in bed for a long time
- Lack of exercise
Whatever the cause, constipation can be uncomfortable. It may make you feel bloated and heavy or generally 'off-colour'.
Sometimes it causes headaches. It is recommended to use changes in diet and bulk forming medicines to control constipation before using this medicine
These healthy tips are recommended to try to prevent constipation happening:
- Eat a balanced diet including fresh fruit and vegetables
- Drink enough water so that you do not become dehydrated
- Keep up your exercise and stay fit
- Make time to empty your bowels when your body tells you
How to take DulcoSoft Oral Solution
Adults & children 8+: 20 - 40 ml solution daily
Children 4 to 7: 16 - 32 ml per day
Children 2 to 3: 8 - 16 ml per day
- Simply add DulcoSoft to your favourite drink preferably in the morning
- Works within 24-72 hours.
- Can be taken from the first signs of discomfort
- Neutral taste: It can be directly mixed with a drink of your choice e.g. a glass of water or other liquid such as fruit juice or tea (about 150 ml).
- Dose: Measure out the dose using the measuring cup included in the pack. Within the dose recommendation, the dose can be adjusted to your individual needs and can be taken daily or every other day.
- The right dose is the lowest dose to produce regular soft stools. The recommended daily dose should be preferably taken as a single dose in the morning
What does DulcoSoft Oral Solution contain
Active Ingredients: 10 ml solution contains 5g of macrogol 4000.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Top products in this category
Senokot Senna - 60 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Dulcolax 5mg Tablets for Constipation, 100 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Fybogel Fibre Chews - Citrus Flavour - 60 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Laxido Orange Powder Sugar Free - 30 SachetsConstipationIn stock
Dulcolax Pico Liquid Laxative (Sodium Picosulfate) 5mg/5ml Oral Solution – 300mlConstipationIn stock
Dulcolax Laxative Suppositories 10mg - 12 SuppositoriesConstipationIn stock
Movicol Powder Sachets - 50 SachetsConstipationIn stock
Care Senna Laxative - 100 TabletsConstipationIn stock
Lactulose Oral Solution 3.3g/5ml - 500mlConstipationIn stock
CosmoCol Orange Flavour - 30 SachetsConstipationIn stock
Movicol Powder Sachets - 30 SachetsConstipationIn stock
Laxido Orange Powder Sugar Free - 20 SachetsConstipationIn stock
More products from this brand
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.