What is Daktarin Oral Gel?
Daktarin Sugar Free 2% Oral Gel is a medicine which is used to treat superficial fungal infections of the mouth and throat. The gel contains miconazole which works by destroying the fungus.
This medicine is for use in adults, children and infants aged 4 months and over.
How to use Daktarin Oral Gel
- Each tube of the gel is sealed – use the cap to pierce the seal.
- For oral use only.
How to apply Daktarin Oral Gel
- Apply directly to the affected area with a clean finger. Try to keep the gel in contact with the affected area for as long as possible. Do not swallow it straight away.
- If you are wearing dentures, remove them at bedtime and rub them with the gel. This will help prevent your dentures becoming infected as well.
- If you are giving the gel to a child or infant, make sure that the gel does not become a choking hazard by dividing each application into smaller portions - never put the whole amount into the child’s mouth all at once. Make sure you place the gel at the front of the mouth.
- If the infant is 4-6 months old, and is premature or has slow development or problems swallowing, check with your doctor before using this medicine.
Adults and children aged 2 years and over - Apply 2,5 ml gel (½ measuring spoon) to the affected area four times a day after meals.
Infants and children 4 months – 2 years old: Apply 1,25 ml gel (¼ measuring spoon) to the affected area four times a day after meals.
- Continue treatment for up to 7 days after all the symptoms have cleared.
- If symptoms persist talk to your doctor.
What does Daktarin Oral Gel contain?
The active ingredient in 1g of Daktarin Sugar Free 2% Oral Gel is: Miconazole 20 mg.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 2-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.49 - Delivery within 2-5 working days