- Out of stock
- Brand: Daktarin
- SKU: 0423210
- EAN: 5012674021217
What is Daktarin 2% Cream?
Daktarin cream contains a medicine called miconazole. This belongs to a group of medicines called ‘antifungals’.
Daktarin cream is used for infections of the skin or nails caused by fungi including yeasts, and some bacteria. Infections may appear on the:
- Hands or feet
- Scalp or outer ear
Daktarin cream works by destroying the fungus and associated bacteria which may be present.
How to use Daktarin 2% Cream
- Each tube of Daktarin cream is sealed. You will need to use the cap to pierce the seal
- Rub the cream gently into the affected area and surrounding skin with clean fingers
- Do not put Daktarin cream into or near the eyes - it is for use on the skin and nails only
- Do not swallow the cream
For skin infections:
- Use the cream twice a day - once in the morning and again at night. Keep using the cream for at least 7 days after all signs of infection have gone away. This will stop the infection from coming back.
For nail infections:
- Use the cream once or twice a day. Your doctor will tell you which one. Keep using the cream for 10 days after all signs of infection have gone away. This will stop the infection from coming back.
- Unless the affected skin is on your hands, wash your hands with soap and water after using the cream
- Washing your hands after using the cream will stop you spreading the infection to other parts of your body or to other people
- Do not allow other people to use your flannel or towel. This will stop them from getting your infection
- Clothing that touches infected skin should be washed and changed often.
- Daktarin cream is non-greasy and should not stain clothes
What does Daktarin 2% Cream contain
The active substance is miconazole nitrate. Each gram (g) of Daktarin cream contains 20 milligrams (mg) of miconazole nitrate (2 % w/w).
The other ingredients are water, PEG-6, PEG-32 and glycol stearate, oleoyl macroglycerides, liquid paraffin, benzoic acid (E210) and butylated hydroxyanisole (E320).
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability
Standard UK Delivery - £2.89 - Delivery within 2-5 working days - Subject to availability