What is Anbesol Teething Gel
Anbesol Teething Gel contains 1.0%w/w of lidocaine hydrochloride, 0.1%w/w of chlorocresol and 0.02%w/w of cetylpyridinium chloride.
Lidocaine hydrochloride is a local anaesthetic that works by stopping the sensation of pain. Chlorocresol and cetylpyridinium chloride kill bacteria.
Anbesol Teething Gel is used to help relieve pain and discomfort associated with teething, in children from 5 months of age, when other non-medicinal methods such as massaging of the gums or use of teething rings do not provide necessary relief.
The product may also be used for the temporary relief of pain caused by
recurrent mouth ulcers and denture irritation.
How to use Anbesol Teething Gel
Adults and the elderly:
- Apply a small amount of gel to a clean fingertip and spread gently onto the affected area.
- Two applications straight away will normally be enough for temporary pain relief.
- Do not apply more frequently than every 3 hours.
Babies teething and children:
- Apply a pea-sized blob of gel (see circle shown here), to a clean fingertip and spread gently onto the affected area.
- If necessary, repeat the dose after 3 hours.
- Do not use more than 6 times in one day (24 hour period).
- Stop treatment when your child’s symptoms settle.
- Do not use for more than 7 days for each teething episode.
- If your child’s symptoms worsen, do not improve after 7 days of treatment or you are concerned that your child is unwell, talk to a health care professional.
- If your child vomits, spits or swallows the medicine, do not use any more product immediately. Wait 3 hours before using the medicine again.
- Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you to. Do not give more medicine than the label tells you to.
- You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
What does Anbesol Teething Gel contain
Anbesol Teething Gel contains the active ingredients; lidocaine hydrochloride 1.0%w/w, chlorocresol 0.1%w/w and cetylpyridinium chloride 0.02%w/w.
It also contains alcohol, clove oil, glycerol, hydroxypropyl cellulose, sodium
saccharin, Ponceau 4R (E124) and purified water.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £40 - Delivery within 2-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.89 - Delivery within 2-5 working days