What is Anbesol Teething Gel
Anbesol Teething Gel contains 1.0%w/w of lidocaine hydrochloride, 0.1%w/w of chlorocresol and 0.02%w/w of cetylpyridinium chloride.
Lidocaine hydrochloride is a local anaesthetic that works by stopping the sensation of pain. Chlorocresol and cetylpyridinium chloride kill bacteria.
Anbesol Teething Gel is used to help relieve pain and discomfort associated with teething, in children from 5 months of age, when other non-medicinal methods such as massaging of the gums or use of teething rings do not provide necessary relief.
The product may also be used for the temporary relief of pain caused by
recurrent mouth ulcers and denture irritation.
How to use Anbesol Teething Gel
Adults and the elderly:
- Apply a small amount of gel to a clean fingertip and spread gently onto the affected area.
- Two applications straight away will normally be enough for temporary pain relief.
- Do not apply more frequently than every 3 hours.
Babies teething and children:
- Apply a pea-sized blob of gel (see circle shown here), to a clean fingertip and spread gently onto the affected area.
- If necessary, repeat the dose after 3 hours.
- Do not use more than 6 times in one day (24 hour period).
- Stop treatment when your child’s symptoms settle.
- Do not use for more than 7 days for each teething episode.
- If your child’s symptoms worsen, do not improve after 7 days of treatment or you are concerned that your child is unwell, talk to a health care professional.
- If your child vomits, spits or swallows the medicine, do not use any more product immediately. Wait 3 hours before using the medicine again.
- Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you to. Do not give more medicine than the label tells you to.
- You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
What does Anbesol Teething Gel contain
Anbesol Teething Gel contains the active ingredients; lidocaine hydrochloride 1.0%w/w, chlorocresol 0.1%w/w and cetylpyridinium chloride 0.02%w/w.
It also contains alcohol, clove oil, glycerol, hydroxypropyl cellulose, sodium
saccharin, Ponceau 4R (E124) and purified water.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Top products in this category
FlexiSEQ Max Strength For Osteoarthritis - 50gAlternative Pain ReliefIn stock
FlexiSEQ For Joint Wear & Tear - 50gAlternative Pain ReliefIn stock
Panadol ActiFast Soluble - 24 TabletsPain ReliefIn stock
Solpadeine Headache Soluble - 16 TabletsPain ReliefIn stock
Anadin Extra - 12 Soluble TabletsPain ReliefIn stock
Alka Seltzer XS Pain Relief - 20 Effervescent TabletsPain ReliefIn stock
Flarin Joint & Muscular Pain Relief - 200mg - 12 Soft CapsulesPain ReliefIn stock
A.Vogel Atrogel Arnica Gel - 100mlAlternative Pain ReliefIn stock
Anbesol Adult Strength Gel - 10gPain ReliefIn stock
Savlon Dual Action Gel - 20gAlternative Pain ReliefIn stock
Panadol Advance 500mg Paracetamol - 16 TabletsPain ReliefIn stock
Phorpain Ibuprofen 5% Gel - 50gAlternative Pain ReliefIn stock
More products from this brand
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.