What is Ametop Gel Dispensing Pack
AMETOP Gel contains the active substance tetracaine. Tetracaine is a local anaesthetic which numbs the skin.
AMETOP Gel is used:
- to relieve the pain when needles are inserted into a vein for giving an injection or taking a blood sample.
- to relieve the pain of inserting small plastic tubes (cannulae) into veins for putting up drips.
AMETOP Gel is used in adults and infants aged over 1 month.
12 x 1.5g Ametop Gel Tubes
24 x 6cm x 7cm Opsite Flexigrid Dressings
How to use Ametop Gel Dispensing Pack
Adults including the elderly: A maximum of 5 tubes (approximately 5g) can be applied at separate sites at the same time. Application of AMETOP Gel can be repeated after a minimum of 5 hours if necessary. The maximum dose in a 24-hour period should not exceed 7 tubes.
Infants over 1 month of age and children under 5 years of age:
- A maximum of 1 tube (approximately 1g) can be applied at separate sites at a single time. Application of AMETOP Gel can be repeated after a minimum of 5 hours if necessary. The maximum dose in a 24-hour period should not exceed 2 tubes.
- Do not use if the patient is less than 1 month old or if the patient is a premature baby up until one month after the expected delivery date (44 weeks gestation).
Children over 5 years of age:
A maximum of 5 tubes (approximately 5g) can be applied at separate sites at
the same time. Application of AMETOP Gel can be repeated after a minimum
of 5 hours if necessary. The maximum dose in a 24-hour period should not
exceed 7 tubes.
What does Ametop Gel Dispensing Pack contain
The active substance tetracaine 4% w/w.
AMETOP Gel: the other ingredients are purified water, sodium chloride,
potassium dihydrogen phosphate, xanthan gum (E415), sodium hydroxide
(E524) and sodium methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E219) and sodium propyl
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Top products in this category
Activon Medical Grade Manuka Honey - 25gFirst AidIn stock
Zoff 20 Adhesive Remover WipesFirst AidIn stock
Savlon Antiseptic Cream - 30g - Pack of 3Tattoo CareIn stock
Savlon Antiseptic Cream - 30gTattoo CareIn stock
Savlon Dual Action Gel - 20gAlternative Pain ReliefIn stock
Activon Medical Grade Manuka Honey - 25g - Pack of 3First AidIn stock
Savlon Antiseptic Cream - 15gTattoo CareIn stock
Care Surgical Spirit - 200mlPharmacyIn stock
Activon Medical Grade Manuka Honey - 25g - Pack of 2First AidIn stock
Care Witch Hazel - 200mlFirst AidIn stock
Savlon Burns And Scalds Cream - 30gAlternative Pain ReliefIn stock
Braun ThermoScan 3 IRT3030 - Ear ThermometerSurgical & MedicalIn stock
More products from this brand
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.