What is Fluconazole Fungal Infection Capsule?
This medicine contains Fluconazole, which belongs to a group of medicines called antifungals. These act to treat infections caused by fungi.
The medicine can be used to treat thrush (vaginal candidiasis). It may also be used by the woman’s sexual partner to treat associated penile thrush (candidal balanitis).
Thrush is a common infection caused by a yeast (or fungus), which may live harmlessly in the vagina without you even noticing it.
However, in certain circumstances, it may develop into an infection in the vagina and symptoms may spread to the surrounding area. The symptoms may include one or more of the following:
- Itching of the vagina and surrounding area (the vulva)
- Redness and swelling of the tissues of the vagina and vulva
- Soreness of the vagina and vulva
- White non-smelling discharge from the vagina
Thrush may be aggravated by sexual intercourse, but it is not a sexually transmitted disease. However, sometimes thrush can be passed to your partner through sexual intercourse.
If your partner has penile thrush, he may have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Soreness and redness of the penis
- Tightness of the foreskin
- A white non-smelling penile discharge
What is the recommended dosage for Fluconazole?
- Check the foil is not broken before use. If it is, do not take the capsule.
- Adults aged 16 to 60 years: Take one capsule once only.
- Swallow the capsule whole with water.
- Do not give to children under 16 years, or take if you are an adult of 61 years or older unless your doctor tells you to.
- Do not take more than the amount recommended above.
- If symptoms do not go away within seven days, talk to your doctor.
- If your symptoms worsen at any time, talk to your doctor.
- If symptoms clear up but then return after seven days, you can take another capsule, unless you had an allergic reaction the first time.
What is in this medicine
The capsule contains Fluconazole 150 mg which is the active ingredient.
Standard Shipping: £2.89
Free Shipping: Available on orders over £40.
Standard Shipping: £9.99
Rest of the World (ROW) Shipping:
Standard Shipping: £19.99
- Additional customs duties or taxes may apply for international shipments depending on the recipient country's regulations. Customers are advised to check local customs regulations before placing an order.
- Ensure you select the appropriate shipping option at checkout.
- Delivery times may vary based on the destination.
- For more information, see our delivery information or view our returns policy.
Top products in this category
Daktacort Hydrocortisone Cream - 15gFungal InfectionsIn stock
Canesten Hydrocortisone Cream - 15gFungal InfectionsIn stock
2 x Fluconazole Fungal Infection Capsule - 150mgFungal InfectionsIn stock
1 x Fluconazole Fungal Infection Capsule - 150mgFungal InfectionsIn stock
Lamisil AT 1% Spray - 15mlFoot CareIn stock
Daktarin (Miconazole) 2% Cream - 15gFoot CareIn stock
Daktarin (Miconazole) 2% Cream - 30gFoot CareIn stock
Clotrimazole Cream 1% Fungal Treatment 50gFungal InfectionsIn stock
Canesten Pessary 200mg - 3 Pessaries With ApplicatorFungal InfectionsIn stock
Canesten 1% Clotrimazole Dermatological Spray - 40mlFungal InfectionsIn stock
Daktarin Gold (Ketoconazole) 2% Cream - 15gFoot CareIn stock
Amorolfine 5% Nail Lacquer 3mlFoot CareIn stock
UK registered pharmacy
The MHRA regulates medicines and medical devices in the UK.
GPhC regulated pharmacy
The GPhC regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain.
PCI DSS Compliant
PCI DSS is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card payments.
ICO registered website
The UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.